St. Luke’s UMC is a large-member Methodist church (3000+ weekly attendance) on the north side of Indy. We are primarily traditional in worship language, but have plans to add contemporary worship offerings in 2014. We adopted the “Orange” philosophy four
years ago, and are looking for a children’s director who not only has a heart for teaching children about God, but who is gifted in building great staff & volunteer teams and sees the “big picture” of partnering with parents and building intentional bridges
to other ministry areas of the church. The Children’s Director would be responsible for ministry to children age birth-5th grade, working side-by-side with the Youth Director and reporting to the Pastor of Family Ministry. For further info on
our church, visit www.stlukesumc.com.
- Lead, manage and motivate the Children’s Ministry staff, keeping an eye specifically on team alignment and the development of each team member to the maximum of his/her potential.
- Identify, recruit and motivate great teams of teachers for Sunday mornings, and resource those leaders with age-appropriate curriculum and ongoing support and training.
- Set the direction for what is taught on a weekly basis; build teams of volunteers who are passionate about presenting the Bible in fun and relevant ways for children.
- As leader of the Children's Ministry Leadership Team, assume ownership of the quality, success and ongoing improvement of the major events that we implement as a team for families.
- Build and develop a lay leadership commission capable of executing those events as well as supporting the overall vision of Children’s ministry.
- Structure and oversee the children’s ministry budget to effectively accomplish ministry goals.
- Create visible bridges between the church and the week-day preschool program, in order to engage weekday families and staff in the wider vision of St. Luke’s UMC.
- Work with youth director and Pastor of Family ministries to create intentional strategies to connect/support parents and to help families & children transition between life stages.
- Respond compassionately to children and families; intentionally seek to build relationships with others; remain accessible and approachable by kids no matter how busy it gets sometimes!
- Model a Christ-filled life, maintaining appropriate boundaries with work and others, caring for self, and growing in faith and in profession.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years experience leading in Children’s Ministry or equivalent experience
- Record of leading events/programs with at least 75+ kids in attendance and 20+ leaders/volunteers
- Familiarity with “Orange” philosophy and curriculum is a plus, but not required
Email resume to email@example.com.