First Baptist Church of Harvester (FBCH)
Job Title: Student Pastor
Department: Ministry Staff, Generations Team
Reports To: Generations Pastor
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time
SUMMARY: The Student Pastor, as a member of the Generations Team and FBCH Ministry Staff, will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight to the spiritual needs of middle school (MS) and high school (HS) students. Healthy, fruit-bearing ministry will be dependent on his ability to develop and effectively lead teams in both of these ministry areas. He is expected to contribute to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, cooperation, encouragement, prayer support and other appropriate ways, as he serves Christ at FBCH.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cast vision and develop strategic plans consistent with FBCH and Generations Ministry philosophies.
- Implement and coordinate ministry plans in order to achieve short-range and long-range ministry objectives resulting in spiritual transformation for MS and HS students.
- Oversee all major ministry segments within the MS and HS ministries including midweek gatherings, classes, small groups, camps, retreats, and mission trips.
- Recruit, equip, and oversee all levels of leadership within the MS & HS ministries including volunteers, students, parents, interns, and paid staff.
- Primary speaker for all worship gatherings for the MS and HS ministries.
- Develop a strategy to disciple students and adults equipping them to “own” their personal faith and enable them to share their faith with others.
- Involved in personal discipleship and mentoring – small group and one-on-one.
- Responsible for all teaching materials and curriculum to be used with the MS & HS ministries.
- Align the MS and HS ministries with the other Generations ministries while working to ensure a strong, cohesive Generations Team.
- Engage with students beyond the church campus, e.g. at sporting events, for the purpose of building relationships.
- Effectively communicate with students, parents, and our church via The City, our website, social media, and print materials.
- Create and maintain safe learning environments for our MS and HS students.
- Build and manage the MS and HS ministry budgets in alignment with annual goals.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A teachable, and an enthusiastic learner.
- At the church for regular worship services and special services.
- Attends all staff meetings, retreats, and conferences as directed.
- Maintains flexible working hours as determined by the needs of the ministry.
- Stays current with ministry trends.
- Self-starter needing minimal supervision.
- Begin and end projects within reasonable timeframe.
- Proficient with current technology and communication tools.
- Knowledgeable concerning relevant legal and ethical issues.
- Aligned with organizational vision, goals, values, and policies.
- Represents the Student and Generations ministries well to staff, our team leaders, students, parents, and the church.
- Works well with others and within a team.
- Spends time in prayer and bible study on a daily basis.
- Ongoing desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character.
- Passion for the gospel and the local church.
- Strong work ethic and desire to lead spiritual transformation.
- Caring heart and commitment to help heal those who are hurting and broken.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Maintains confidentiality.
Gifts, Skills, and Talents
- Strong shepherd gifting.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively, and proactively.
- Good listener.
- Able to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure.
- Strong servant leader.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Student Ministry Pastor, preferably at a church with average Sunday attendance of 1000 people or greater.
- Track record of success recruiting, developing, and leading volunteers and teams.
- Ability to create a strategic ministry plan and associated budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Student Ministry Administrative Assistant.
To apply for this position, please e-mail Dan Gould at firstname.lastname@example.org ...
1. Your Resume
2. Video of a current teaching
3. Social Media or Blog
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of High School MinistryThe Bridge Bible Church
- Bakersfield, California
- October 27
Worship and Associate PastorPataskala Grace Church
- Pataskala, Ohio
- October 26
Student Ministry PastorHighlands Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 25
Student Ministries DirectorDayspring Church
- Auburn, Indiana
- October 25
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
First Baptist Church Harvester
At Harvester we sum up everything we are in three words: Worship. Love. Go. We believe that we are called to worship God, love those around us, and to go into our community and the world to share the love of God.More...