Bethany Well Church
Seeking Lead Pastor for a multi-ethnic congregation in Fort Lee/metro setting.
Summary of Role:
- Bethany Well Church, located in Fort Lee, NJ, is a multi-ethnic ministry of Bethany United Methodist Church headquartered in Wayne NJ. We are seeking a lead pastor to provide spiritual oversight and direction to church leaders and the congregation. He
is to preach, disciple, evangelize, lead in the sacraments, and counsel those in need. He is to be a champion of the church’s mission statement and vision. He will oversee the assimilation of new attendees and work toward creating an inviting environment
in the congregation. In cooperation with the Board of Elders and lay leaders, the lead pastor will have primary leadership for all church ministries and committees.
- Casting overall and long-term vision of the church with Church Board (church community, outreach, evangelism, missions, etc.).
- Preaching on a regular basis (every week minus once/month); develop sermon series that are biblically grounded, engaging, and contextually/culturally relevant; mentoring other teaching staff in preaching.
- Lead and guide all members of the pastoral staff by building a sense of teamwork among staff through consistent investment in their on-going development, initiating forums for input and feedback, motivation and equipping them to accomplish the vision within
their respective areas of responsibility.
- Lead monthly leadership meetings with church leaders/Wellders
- Serve as member on key ministry church committees and boards
- Oversee children’s Sunday School program.
- Provide spiritual care of members (pre-marital & marital counseling, etc).
- Delegate and oversee the planning of outreach activities in the surrounding neighborhoods.
- Called to serve as a full-time Pastor
- Master of Divinity degree required; ordination preferred
- Active and growing relationship with God
- Proven presentation and preaching ability
- Minimum 5 years of pastoral experience (can be substituted with church leadership experience) and have proven experience working with young professionals, families and senior citizens in a cross-cultural environment preferred
- Understanding of social media and the implementation of technology for use in the church setting preferred
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Compensation: The salary and benefits will be decided by the Bethany Board of Elders/PPRC and Well Board based upon candidate's qualification and experience.
Benefits include health insurance, housing/car stipend, vacation, and members’ visitation allowance.
Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.