Position: Marshall Technical Director
The Marshall Technical Director (MTD) will work under the direction and leadership of
the Technical Director (TD). This position requires general proficiency across the three
main disciplines of the technical arts (Audio/Video/Lighting), with an emphasis on live
production in a semi-portable environment. The MTD, along with the TD, shares the
responsibility of recruiting, training, and working alongside volunteers in Mobberly’s
Media Ministry. This is a full time position.
1. Must be a follower of Jesus Christ
2. Minimum High School diploma; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Road experience a plus.
3. Experience and applied knowledge of digitalvideo, computer-generated graphics, video projection, audio engineering.
4. Familiar with both Mac and PC operating systems, graphic editing software and principles and common video editing platforms (Premiere, After Effects, etc.)
5. Ability to produce, direct, shoot, and edit videos; experience with IMAG/Broadcastsystems; familiarity with presentation systems (Switchers, ProPresenter, etc); familiarity with professional lighting for performance and video; experience with Vista Lighting
6. General knowledge of the operation, maintenance, and management of a wide variety of multi-media equipment including audio consoles, theatrical lighting, and digital video systems.
7. Understanding of large production workflows/stage directions/timecode.
8. Exhibits analytical problem solving and excellent communication skills.
• Leads operation/maintenance/setup of all multi-media equipment used at Mobberly Marshall Campus.
• Assists with the setup, shut down, and securing of systems/equipment after rehearsals and services.
• Assists with diagnosis, benchmarking, and the development of solutions for necessary changes, upgrades, and improvements to technical systems.
• Keeps up with technological developments through self-education and lifelong learning.
• Assist the TD with recruitment, training, assignment and leading of Media volunteers.
• Serve in any technical area needed during weekend services.
• Shoot, edit, and produce video content as assigned.
• Maintain and update video systems throughout campus.
• Other duties as assigned.