Greater Portland Bible Church
Our objective for the worship ministries at Greater Portland Bible Church is to bring glory to God in our corporate worship, to be led by the Holy Spirit, to grow in our relationship with Him, and to experience His reviving presence. We value inter-generational community and providing intentional opportunities through worship for all our church family, so each can be inspired to supernaturally impact our community, nation and world.
The Worship Pastor will function within the philosophy of ministry of the church. This philosophy includes but is not limited to the following:
- We will seek to be responsive to Jesus as the true “Senior Pastor” of this church.
- We will present the Bible as the only authoritative disclosure of Jesus’ direction for life and ministry.
- We will minister within the church and to the world through collaborative team structures.
- We will strive to give equal time, resources, effort, and emphasis to evangelism and to Christian nurture.
- We will strive to make healthy relationships a recognized characteristic of our church and the primary context for ministry to one another and the world.
Primary Duties & Qualifications
We are looking for a pastor who is actively seeking to be transformed to Christ’s image (Romans 12:1-18, 1 Cor. 13, Hebrews 12), whose life aligns with biblical qualifications (1 Timothy, Titus 1), and is proactive and sacrificial in caring for the church (John 21, Colossians 1:24-29), while waiting for Jesus’ return.
Three primary areas of responsibility for the Worship Pastor are:
1. Lead the church body in Christ-centered, God-honoring worship.
Not just leading music or implementing a program, the Worship Pastor intentionally lifts up Jesus’ person and work, models true worship in spirit and in truth, and creatively engages the gathered church to give its heart to praise, thanksgiving, repentance and submission to the will of God. This leadership requires:
- A vibrant and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion to honor Christ in corporate worship settings
- A confident, though humble, leadership style
- A recognition that the work of God in the church is not through self-effort, but through the power and presence of a living God
- An enthusiasm for creating worshipers in the church through modeling, exhorting, informing and teaching
2. Create and execute Sunday morning worship gatherings.
Team with the lead pastor and others to craft fluid and thematic worship services, grounded in and informed by the week’s preaching text, drawing on the best worship practices and resources available. Ably and confidently lead those on the stage (singers and instrumentalists) and off (congregation). The ideal Worship Pastor must possess and be in the process of further developing:
- The ability to creatively plan worship services using a variety of worship elements and musical styles
- Sufficient vocal ability to encourage corporate singing and nurture other vocal leaders
- The organizational ability to oversee all aspects of Sunday morning music and production – coordinating sound, lighting, and music teams
- Skills to quickly and effectively communicate with a music team of varied musical abilities, both in rehearsal and during corporate worship
- A functional understanding of music theory
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferred) with a focus on music and/or theological education, or equivalent experience
3. Act as pastor to the Worship Ministry Teams.
Shepherd the various worship teams (worship bands, tech teams, etc.) to be faithful stewards of their gifts, to share in community, and to grow deeper in their own relationships with the Lord. The effective Worship Pastor will exhibit:
- Christ-like interpersonal skills and relational maturity
- Team spirit and a collaborative leadership style
- Effective organizational management
- Spiritual wisdom in working with a diverse group of artful people in effective ministry
- Readiness to work with existing volunteer musicians and technicians
- Enthusiasm to recruit and develop new team players and new teams
Please submit a cover letter, your resume, and your philosophy of worship ministry to email@example.com, with the subject “Worship Pastor”. If you have a video of you leading worship, please send the link as well.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of Worship & Music- Highland ParkChurchology Staffing
- Madison Heights, Michigan
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Worship PastorVineyard Community Church
- Grafton, Wisconsin
- October 20
Worship LeaderThe Rock
- Bridgeport, Texas
- October 20
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19