Director of Creative & Graphic Arts
General Duties and Responsibilities
To support the vision, purpose and process at Calvary Church through the use of video and graphic design to tell compelling stories both on video and visually. Our ideal candidate is fully bilingual in English and Spanish.
- be able to take an idea, script or life story and break it down into storyboards, a shooting schedule and/or other helpful tools.
- be part of the creative team in support of the graphic design and layout needs of the organization.
- create in-house and special event videos including shooting, editing, sound, lighting and motion graphics.
- own all deadlines and details through the entire creative process (writing, shooting, editing and delivery).
- provide ideas and input for short films, promo videos, bumpers, intro videos and life stories.
- keep all video gear in working order, well-organized and properly stored.
- provide input and recommendations for additional equipment needs and purchases; maintain equipment in top working condition.
- develop volunteer teams as deemed necessary to accomplish video & design goals. Recruit, train, and care for those volunteer artists, designers, photographers, writers.
- Our vision is to create each piece of media in English and Spanish.
- a team player
- flexible & resourceful
- a self-starter
- a people person
- passionate about stories & story-telling
- able to adhere to deadlines
- a leader
Education and Experience
- College degree
- Competence in the following areas:
* Final cut and/or premiere
* Motion and/or after effects
* Adobe creative suite (photoshop, illustrator, indesign)
* Deep understanding of the camera, staging and angles
* Lighting & audio for video
Things That Drive You Crazy
- Videos that lack excellence
- Videos that are flashy but don’t tell a story
- Realizing after a video is already produced that we could have told the story better
- Lack of variety and creativity
Contact Ty Thomas at email@example.com
Date Posted: October 10, 2013
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Preschool Ministry LeaderPark Cities Presbyterian Church
- Dallas, Texas
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Accounting SpecialistRock Point Church
- Queen Creek, Arizona
- January 18
Pastor, Adult Groups - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- January 16
Pastor, Adult Groups - Madison CampusPinelake Church
- Madison, Mississippi
- January 16
MISSION: “Calvary’s purpose is connecting people with God to be fully committed to the cause of Christ.” We seek to accomplish this goal by carrying on Jesus’ strategy for training his followers and building his church through our “Base Path.” So just as Jesus Invited people into relationship with himself, Included people in his daily life, Involved people in doing ministry and Invested his life, we also want to do the same. Calvary hopes to train disciples just as Jesus did who will be Connected with God, in Community, Contributors, and f More...