Community Life Pastor - Young Adults/Young Families
General Duties and Responsibilities
To support the vision and purpose at Calvary Church by helping people get deeply connected to other believers and to God.
- be able to meet people and make them feel important from the start.
- be part of the pastoral team and will add energy and chemistry to that team.
- help create an environment where people are learning better how to do biblical community.
- organize events that help promote community through serving, small groups and large groups.
- have a heart that shines through as being there for people.
- excel in preaching and teaching.
- provide insight to the rest of the team on how to improve community church-wide.
- recruit and help train others, especially small group leaders.
- provide direction to resources for small groups.
- a team player
- flexible & resourceful
- a self-starter
- a people person
- passionate about seeing lives changed
- a leader
- passionate relationship with Jesus
Education and Experience
- College degree, seminary training preferred
- 3-5 years experience working with young adults/families
Things that drive you crazy…
- A person all alone in a crowded room
- Grouchy teammates
- When visitors aren’t made to feel welcome
- A church service that is not user-friendly for the unchurched
- Lack of creativity and energy
Contact Ty Thomas at email@example.com
Date Posted: October 10, 2013