Community Life Pastor - Young Adults/Young Families
General Duties and Responsibilities
To support the vision and purpose at Calvary Church by helping people get deeply connected to other believers and to God.
- be able to meet people and make them feel important from the start.
- be part of the pastoral team and will add energy and chemistry to that team.
- help create an environment where people are learning better how to do biblical community.
- organize events that help promote community through serving, small groups and large groups.
- have a heart that shines through as being there for people.
- excel in preaching and teaching.
- provide insight to the rest of the team on how to improve community church-wide.
- recruit and help train others, especially small group leaders.
- provide direction to resources for small groups.
- a team player
- flexible & resourceful
- a self-starter
- a people person
- passionate about seeing lives changed
- a leader
- passionate relationship with Jesus
Education and Experience
- College degree, seminary training preferred
- 3-5 years experience working with young adults/families
Things that drive you crazy…
- A person all alone in a crowded room
- Grouchy teammates
- When visitors aren’t made to feel welcome
- A church service that is not user-friendly for the unchurched
- Lack of creativity and energy
Contact Ty Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: October 10, 2013
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Life Group Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Groups PastorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
Pastor, Adult Groups - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- October 10
Director of Women's Ministry & Community LifeGrace Valley Fellowship
- Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- October 8
Small Groups PastorFox River Christian Church
- Waukesha, Wisconsin
- October 7
MISSION: “Calvary’s purpose is connecting people with God to be fully committed to the cause of Christ.” We seek to accomplish this goal by carrying on Jesus’ strategy for training his followers and building his church through our “Base Path.” So just as Jesus Invited people into relationship with himself, Included people in his daily life, Involved people in doing ministry and Invested his life, we also want to do the same. Calvary hopes to train disciples just as Jesus did who will be Connected with God, in Community, Contributors, and f More...