Cornerstone Church in Long Beach, California is seeking a full-time experienced AV Director capable of running the front of house digital system, interfacing with video and live stream, able to assist in the development and design of new technologies related to digital AV, and training and managing a volunteer team for various ministry needs. cclb.org
Audio Visual Director
Rev July 17-2013
The Audio Visual Director is a full time position with full family medical benefits.
The AV Director is responsible for audio-visual technical and creative development, production and training, relative to all aspects of live and production oriented audio-visual needs of Cornerstone Church.
In addition, ensure that worship and AV ministries continue to grow in scope, effectiveness and quality of excellence in alignment with the church's vision, mission, values and strategic plans.
· Provide excellence in front-of-house operation for all weekend services on a DIGICO 9 digital sound board in a worship center that seats 650. Also provide more training and expertise to improve the mixing skills of our current FOH volunteers.
· Provide trained, qualified AV operators for all worship services, ministry events, and special events of Cornerstone Church, including front of house engineer for Sat evening service and two Sunday morning services.
· Partner with the worship arts staff and AV team leads to develop plans and strategies for on-going AV related improvements and build-outs.
· Establish standards of operation and quality for AV ministries and oversee continuous improvement against those standards.
· Keep current with new technology development in equipment, hardware and computer software programs and plan for continual education of AV team leaders and volunteers.
· Provide technical expertise and solutions relative to live audio, recorded audio, web audio, lighting and stage production for the church facility.
· Continually work on developing and improving personal skills for use in ministry so that the AV ministry can grow. Participation in workshops, conferences, seminars, etc. is encouraged and expected.
· Assist the media team in the on-going development and effective use of social media for church communications.
· Responsible for maintaining AV and Facilities AV budgets within approved annual guidelines as well as developing written strategic and expenditure proposals as needed throughout the year.
· Partner with various agents such as IT, Telecom, building contractors etc. relative to the development and operation of systems that interface with AV systems and operations.
- Able to recruit, hire and evaluate the ongoing effectiveness of AV intern positions.
- Develop and manage an AV volunteer ministry which includes the development of volunteer job position descriptions and integration of aptitude assessments.
AV and Video Production Technician RESPONSIBILITIES Continued
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Working knowledge and hands-on proper operation of various systems to include but not limited to:
- Installation and operation for all church facility analog and digital audio systems
- Maintenance, set up, and operation of portable audio systems for special events located outside of the church building
- Light board and lighting system operation
- Live audio patch panel and related systems of hard-wired and Wi-Fi cable and signal routing
- Operation of live broadcast, audio, video, and presentation related systems
- Projector system operation and software (Macintosh and Pro Presenter)
- Maintain current working knowledge and assistance for operating church alarm system
- Assist church employees with solutions for general audio/sound issues on their computer.
- Responsible as team leader and coach for AV ministry volunteer teams
- Responsible to the Assistant Pastor
- Accountable to Lead Pastor
- Full Time status with normal weekday staff hours plus flexibility for creative work that must be done outside of normal staff hours.
· Professing, growing, committed Christian of exemplary personal and family life. I Timothy 3:8-10, 12, 13.
· Evangelical orientation in Theology and evangelical spirit; in full agreement with the doctrinal position of Cornerstone Church; member of Cornerstone Church.
· Belief in an environment of cooperative teamwork with other members of the Cornerstone staff, elders, and lay ministry teams.
Two or four year degree from in audio-visual or related field; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Technical Arts DirectorMid-Cities Community Church
- Midland, Texas
- December 7
Technical / Video DirectorPeoples Church | Fresno
- Fresno, California
- December 7
Front End Web DeveloperCentral Christian Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- December 5
Technical Director AssistantAbundant Life
- Lees Summit, Missouri
- December 5
Graphic DesignerLife Church
- Germantown, Wisconsin
- December 5