Assistant Pastor for Youth & Worship
Assist in leadership and development of the Second Baptist Contemporary Worship Team & the Youth Ministry & its students:
- Leading students into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Developing the faith of students through teaching the Fundamentals of Christianity, Biblical Interpretation, Doctrine & Theology, and Apologetics.
- Creating opportunities for spiritual and social growth and connection for students
- Reaching out to students and their parents through a variety of ministries, programs & events
- Developing leaders in the youth ministry, both adult and student.
- Lead student worship team
- Lead contemporary service worship team
- Called to vocational ministry
- Be in agreement with the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message
- Meet the biblical requirements of a pastor as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-13 & Titus 1:6-9
- Ability to lead youth and worship ministries
- Pastoral experience and/or education are preferred but not necessary
Necessary Skills & Attributes:
- Computer Skills (Good understanding of Document Processors, Presentation Software, Social Media, Etc.) are vital
- Teaching and Preaching
- Team Player
- Good leadership skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ideally is able to lead worship
- Long-Term Planning & Execution
- Good social skills
- The heart of a teacher (willing to come alongside people and encourage them in their faith with love, respect & gentleness)
- Plan & Execute a yearly calendar for the youth ministries
- Expanding leadership team through recruitment and growth
- Expanding the outreach efforts of the youth ministry in the community
- Preaching & Teaching regularly
- Visits to students each week
- Phone calls to students and leaders as needed
- Keeping students connected to the youth ministry via Social Media tools
- Counseling & leading youth in spiritual areas of life
- Assistance with the whole of youth ministry in planning, implementation, execution and follow-up
- Worship Services
- Missions Trips
- Bible Studies/Home Groups
- Help direct the production of services and events, including lighting, sound, decorations, cleanliness, etc.
- Assist in Office Work, including but not limited to Typing, Spreadsheets, some Graphic Design, Calendars, Newsletters, Mail, Postcards, Social Media, Etc.
The overall job description includes, but is not limited to assisting the Youth Minister in youth ministries, Student Services, Home Groups, Missions Trips, Paintball Ministry, Transportation, & Worship.