This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministry
Grace Community Fellowship
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 04/22/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Part-Time
The Director of Children’s Ministry at GCF is responsible for all areas of children’s ministries and the implementation of the church's purpose as they relate. The ministry seeks to partner with parents in developing their children to have a healthy view of Jesus Christ and His church. It is expected that the Director of Children’s Ministry maintains a personal spiritual life and a commitment to the Biblical standards of character.
Desired experience, skills and giftedness:
o A passion to reach and lead children in their personal walk with God
o A desire to partner with parents to help them fulfill the spiritual leadership responsibilities they have
o Ability to communicate well with various individuals
o Gifts of leadership, organization, teaching
o A track record of recruiting, training and retaining a volunteer staff
o Demonstrated growth within current Children’s Ministry
o Ability to operate various computer applications
o A bachelor’s degree
o A minimum of three years experience in a multi-staff, multi-service environment
• Supervises, trains and evaluates the Assistant to the Director and Nursery Coordinator in all job duties assigned.
• Recruits, assigns and trains adult volunteer staff and youth so that the work of the ministry is accomplished by using people with a passion to work with children.
• Enforces a safe environment for children by following emergency action procedures.
• Provides opportunities for parents and families in their calling to lead their children spiritually. Assists parents and families in the spiritual development of their children.
• Provides vision, creative servant leadership, and a comprehensive developmental plan for children’s ministry programs and outreach events.
• Works with the pastoral staff to prepare an annual budget for children’s ministry. Tracks expenses and credits to keep within annual budget.
• Chooses, provides and trains creative and Christ-centered Bible based curriculum that is consistent with the church’s statement of faith. Reviews and evaluates curriculum regularly with Curriculum Task Force.
• Creates, develops, revises, evaluates and implements children’s ministry policies and procedures, children’s ministries handbooks and applications.
• Develops, maintains and communicates the purpose and values as to why the ministry exists that parallels the purpose and core values of the church.
• Regularly meets with an established Parent Council. The purpose is to provide guidance, advice, support and accountability for the success of children’s ministries within the church and into the community.
• Establishes and maintains positive relationships with ministry staff, children and parents.
• Regularly makes contact with children’s ministries staff by phone or email of upcoming events such as ministry training and fingerprinting.
• Updates and maintains children’s ministry information for the website.
• Oversees all children’s ministry school year programs and special events such as ministry training and summer events.
• Purchases children’s ministries supplies, equipment, staff support gifts and all other items associated with running the ministry.
• Creates flyers, postcards, program announcements, brochures, visitor packets and other information for children’s programs, such as Kidz Jam and Breakout and staff related events.
• Provides up-to-date automated check-in system equipment and software for checking in children and tracking attendance to ensure efficiency and security.
• Solves problems of all shapes and sizes.