Royal Redeemer Lutheran Church is seeking a Contemporary Music Coordinator to provide leadership and oversight to the contemporary praise teams. We desire a candidate with a passionate love for contemporary Christian music, complemented by experience
in leadership. It is our mission - with the sustained guidance of this position - to continue to grow and build up this vital music ministry.
The Contemporary Music Coordinator works closely with our volunteer musicians, as well as the Associate Pastor, in coordinating and leading the praise teams for weekend worship.
This position is part-time, paid at fifteen hours per week; this timeframe includes administrative tasks, monthly music selection, Thursday evening rehearsal, Saturday evening worship, and Sunday morning worship. The potential exists to link with other
ministry areas to create a full-time position.
- Select music for contemporary worship guided by message themes and our music vision.
- Lead weekly rehearsals of all contemporary praise teams.
- Lead teams in all contemporary worship services.
- Team communication and coordination, including: scheduling musicians, monthly music plans, maintaining music slide presentation accuracy, and ongoing communication with musicians and staff.
- Work with each praise team to integrate new pieces into the repertoire at a consistent, appropriate pace.
- Support, train, and empower volunteer musicians in an ongoing manner. Mentor team members in the art of worship leadership.
- Lead praise teams emphasizing unity, prayer, and Christian accountability.
- Identify and actively recruit new team members.
Desired Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Robust musical experience, particularly in contemporary music leadership.
- Experience in developing worship themes through music.
- Positive experience with building teams of diverse musical talent and skill.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Compassionate care for the well-being of others, promoting openness within teams.
- Familiarity with necessary software (CCLI, worship presentation software, Microsoft Office software, and frequent e-mail communication).
- A heart for God and passion to be His instrument in reaching people with the Gospel using his/her God-given gifts and abilities.
Find out more about who we are at www.royalredeemer.org!
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to us at email@example.com. We can also be reached at (513) 779-4740. We look forward to hearing more about you!