Under the authority of the Senior Pastor and the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC), the primary ministry priority of our Director of Worship and Creative Arts (the Position) is the total ministry (vision, leadership and management) of worship and creative arts within the church. These elements of ministry are essential to weekend worship services, special services, and other church activities for the purpose of equipping followers of Christ in doing His ministry. The position also provides leadership and programs that help children, youth, and adults develop and give expression to their faith as servants for Christ and leaders in worship.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
• Provide musical leadership and accompaniment for worship services
• Responsible for leading the Worship Design team and working with a team and the Pastor to creatively plan and design weekend worship experiences.
• Recruit, train and oversee volunteers for all worship arts elements, included but not limited to: vocalists, instrumentalists, sound/lighting team, tech team, drama ministry.
• Responsible for the development and continued success of a music program/worship opportunities for children and youth.
• Participate in annual Children’s Vacation Bible School music program.
• Provide music for special services (i.e. Christmas Eve, Good Friday, Easter, weddings* and funerals*). * See payment guidelines for further information regarding additional compensation provided.
• Responsible for the overall selection of music for the Worship Services and communicate the selection to the church secretary according to scheduled deadlines for publication.
• Encourage participation in all music, worship, and creative arts ministries and help create an atmosphere of Christian fellowship.
• Maintain audio/video equipment and ensure regular upgrades are made.
• Lead regular weekly rehearsals in addition to "special" rehearsals during the year.
• Work with Pastor on submitting an annual budget to the Management Team.
• Attend Staff, Worship Design, and Servant Ministry Team meetings.
Additional Duties And Responsibilities:
• Participates in core course training.
• Participates in the development and nurture of small groups.
• Performs any additional duties as assigned by Pastor or the SPRC.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Possesses a faith in Jesus Christ and the ability to share it with others.
• Outgoing, eager and effective in connecting lost, broken people with God, in culturally relevant ways.
• Possesses comprehensive knowledge of music with an ability to sing and play multiple instruments, direct and lead others effectively.
• Able to work together with staff, volunteers and others as a team player carrying out the vision and mission of the church.
• Possesses love, care, and respect for all people.
• Possesses strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Able to influence others in a positive manner and interact effectively with others.
• Able to communicate thoughts, ideas, and information clearly and concisely.
• Able to use good judgment when making decisions, dependable, and reliable.
• Able to remain flexible under constantly changing demands and focused under occasionally distracting conditions.
• Able to be responsive and sensitive to the needs of others.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
• Associates Degree or the equivalent to 2-years of college (60 credit hours) required. Bachelors Degree preferred.
• A minimum of 3-year experience working in the music ministry (inclusive of worship design and creative arts) required.
1) Candidate sends resume and vocal/musical samples to RUMC, at email@example.com.
2) RUMC responds with a job description and reviews resume and samples.
3) RUMC decides on resume and samles and then asks approved candidate to respond to the first interview questions that explore candidate's personal history and skills in designing a worship service and in leading a worship service.
4) Candidate submits answers to the first interview questions.
5) RUMC reviews candidate's submissions of first interview questions and schedules a phone interview with candidate(s) we select.
6) RUMC sends second set of interview questions exploring candidate's theological and leadership backgrounds.
7) Candidate submits responses.
8) RUMC reviews responses and selects candidate(s) for onsite interview.
9) RUMC schedules onsite interview with selected candidate(s) that includes practicing with Praise Team, leading worship and personal interviews. RUMC will pay for only the candidate's travel and expenses, candidate will pay for travel of any family members.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
PastorOne God Ministry
- Fairfax, Virginia
- December 8
Music DirectorRural Shade Baptist Church
- Cleveland, Texas
- December 8
Worship Arts DirectorArmitage Baptist Church
- Chicago, Illinois
- December 8
Worship PastorFellowship Bible Church
- Batesville, Arkansas
- December 8
Director of Contemporary Worship and Media TechnologiesCedar Crest Bible Fellowship Church
- Allentown, Pennsylvania
- December 8