With a committed relationship to Jesus Christ, the Pastor of Children’s Ministries will provide vision and overall leadership to Children’s Ministry: birth through 5th grade. This person will develop and implement an integrated, family-friendly strategy for serving the children and parents at Greenwood and in the surrounding community.
Guiding Relational Principles:
1. Diligent in his/her own personal relationship with Jesus so that Jesus becomes more and more the one true guide of his/her life.
2. Disciplined in his/her relationship with his family, friends and neighbors so that his/her life is marked by moral integrity and accountability.
3. Mature in his/her relationships with the staff and elders so that he recognizes his/her role and influence as part of the team.
4. Family-focused in his/her relationships at GCC so that parents are equipped and empowered to lead their children to follow Jesus for a lifetime.
Be responsible for the overall leadership, evaluation, promotion and direction of children’s ministry at GCC. The following are the main responsibilities:
1. Develop and oversee strategy for educating all children from birth through 5th grade in the Christian faith with innovative approaches that serve students in each of their developmental stages.
2. Develop a team model of ministry patterned after The Master Plan of Evangelism that invites, connects, trains and supervises leaders who are learning to fully own the ministry as their unique place to serve.
3. Create a healthy, family-friendly approach to ministry that listens to parents, equips them to spiritually develop their children in the home and engages them with one another (both inter-family and intra-family) through innovative connecting points.
4. Develop strategy and implement appropriate events (i.e. appreciation events, connecting activities, training opportunities, milestone events) that build on the vision of GCC Family Ministries.
5. Maintain a healthy, integrated relationship with the rest of the staff in order to contribute to congruency across all layers of ministry at Greenwood.
6. Create and oversee annual goals and strategy of Children’s Ministry overall including budget development and oversight.
7. Oversee and develop team leaders staff who specialize in each ministry area (Nursery, Primary, Elementary, Lodge).
8. Conduct regular evaluation and reviews of staff and key leaders/teachers.
• College degree and/or comparable experience in church ministries.
• Post Graduate studies in church related and leadership ministries preferred.
• Prefer a minimum of five years experience with Children’s Ministry working with a multi-staff church environment.
• Culturally aware personality who seeks to be a learner/student before implementing ministry initiatives.
• Self-starter who initiates ministry and is results/outcomes oriented in their thinking.
• Ability to take care of self. Pursue personal, spiritual and professional growth through personal study, conferences, seminars, workshops, networking and research.
• Healthy and mature view of boundaries with people/ministry.
• Leadership gifts in: building people, building team, vision articulation, curriculum assessment, communication and personal shepherding of all ages.
Main relational involvements:
• Direct supervisor: Pastor of Family Ministries
• Meets regularly with Children’s Ministry staff.
• Participates in all program staff meetings, retreats and reviews.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's PastorChurch In The Son
- Orlando, Florida
- December 8
Director of Children's MinistryNewsong Los Angeles Covenant Church
- Culver City, California
- December 7
Children's MinisterChrist Pacific Church
- Huntington Beach, California
- December 7
Children's PastorBakersfield First Assembly
- Bakersfield, California
- December 6
Children's PastorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- December 6
Greenwood Community Church
Greenwood Community Church is part of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. The E.P.C. was formed in 1980. We are evangelical in doctrine and Presbyterian in form of government. Our denominational logo states, "In essential, unity; in nonessentials, liberty; in all things, charity." All Scripture is self-attesting and being Truth, requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. The infallible Word of God, the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, is a complete and unified witness to God's redemptive acts culminating in the More...