This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Director/Pastor
Lancaster Community Church
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 02/12/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION please email resume and cover letter.
Job Description – Children’s Pastor / Director
Lancaster Community Church is looking for a experienced person that has the qualities listed below.
Qualities in a Children’s Pastor
- Love of Christ
- Biblical Knowledge
- Love for children and their discipleship (not childcare)
- Relate to children
- Creative / outside the box thinker
- Well spoken
- Understanding of different learning styles
- Extremely Relational – to children, parents, leaders, volunteers, staff, congregation, etc.
- Good Communication - to children, parents, leaders, volunteers, staff, congregation, etc.
- Willingness to listen to new thoughts and ideas
- Strength to implement new ideas
- Quick thinker
- Problem solver
- Ability to recognize your volunteers giftings so that you can empower them in those areas. Strength to move people out of areas that are not their giftings.
- Ability to develop children
- Light hearted
- Desire to be improving always
- Desire to stay relevant
- Knowledge of current Christian Education materials on the market today
- Experience with multiple age groups
What Leaders in the Children’s Ministry Need in their Pastor/Director
- Clear vision - What do we want the kids to know when they are finished in our ministries?
- Clear communication - Directions, Expectations, Conflict resolution, Your teaching philosophy with training in that area
- Training / Equipping
- Knowledge of Biblical principles
- Willingness to help and be “hands on” with support
- Show interest in every children’s program
- Have a plan
- Materials needed are given in advance
- Train team and then release/empower to do their job
- Insight from experience
- Get to know them (relationship)
The Ideal Children’s Ministry (this would be the goal and Key Performance Measurements)
- Good volunteers - Volunteers that become a team, Committed, Focused on children’s ministry
- Available resources - Supplies, Space – functional area, Books, Subscriptions to magazines and websites, Budget
- Relates to today’s culture but maintains biblical principals
- Support from other Pastors in the ministry
- Game plan for children ages 0-18 (would require connection with youth ministry)
- Ministers to whole family (parents too!)
- Disciples children and adults (team)
- Clear vision from Senior Pastor
- Programs that relate to each age level and specific environment
- Connect ministry to the church as a whole - Entire congregation should be able to recognize that our children’s ministry is alive and well