This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Mansfield Bible Church
Mansfield, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 02/13/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Youth Pastor is responsible for developing a comprehensive youth ministry for grades seven through twelve that is consistent with the vision of Mansfield Bible Church which is “Equipping and empowering people to think eternally act locally and beyond for the cause of Christ and His glory.” Essential duties include:
* Teach the Word of God and nurture the spiritual formation of the students at their level – dealing with issues that will prepare them for what they face in school and for life after graduation.
* Do contact work in order to connect with youth – meeting with kids and getting to know their friends during lunch-time and at musical, sporting and other events.
* Plan, coordinate and oversee activities for teens to promote fun, fellowship, outreach, spiritual formation, missions, service and ministry involvement with the purpose of cultivating relationships with youth.
* Develop and lead a “student leader” team with the purpose of helping older students minister to and disciple younger students. Areas of ministry will include the praise team, student outreach, and praying together for the ministry.
* Recruit, lead, build, encourage and equip a parent / adult leader team so that it will most effectively mobilize for ministry with students. Create opportunities for parents and other adults interested in leading and teaching our youth to help in planning, organizing, and supporting youth events.