• As an advisor to the Executive Director of Operations, assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and the ministry’s long-term strategy.
• Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Executive Team and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
• Engage the Executive Team, audit, and Senior Pastors around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model and operational delivery. Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors).
• Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with the ministry’s strategic plan, especially as the organization considers new development opportunities, potential acquisitions, and collaborations with external organizations.
• Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, regulatory requirements, and budget audit requirements. Maintain internal control safeguards and coordinate all audit activities:
-Separation of duties
-Record retention policy
-Follow proper payroll procedures
-Make sure all income and expenses are properly accounted for and safeguarded
-Responsible for monitoring internal controls and accounting procedures
• Provide oversight to all financial functions of the church including budgeting, recording of ?transactions, depositing of funds, disbursements, reporting, and monitoring, and taxation policies and procedures.
• Manage cash flow and forecasting. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs. Optimize the handling of banking relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash positions.
• Oversee budgeting and the implementation of budgets so as to monitor progress and present financial metrics both internally and externally.
• Provide leadership oversight to bookstore, duplication, purchasing and campus café.
• Ensure exceptional customer service to members, guests, staff, vendors, and volunteers.
• Responsible for overseeing inventory procedures for the bookstore and supplies for the Sacred Grounds Café.
• Select resources and products that coincide with programs and events of the church and meet the spiritual needs of the church congregation.
• Collaborate with the Communications and Production teams to ensure sermon series and weekly church service CDs are available; coordination of artwork and special sales/promos; and that special orders and requests are properly fulfilled.
• Work closely with Communications for promotions and ongoing marketing efforts.
• Develop cost-saving opportunities by monitoring and managing stored inventory and in-house inventory by consistently monitoring and tracking category spending; seek and develop new sources of supply.
• Ensure customer/vendor contact activities are in compliance with company policies, legal requirements and customer/vendor satisfaction.
• Oversee the coordination and processing of purchases by working closely with the Purchasing Manager
• Creatively identify new methods of distribution including online ordering. Work closely with Communications Manager to develop online portal for retail sales and consistently monitor spending trends and product demand.
• Analyze sales (on-line, word shop, and external customers) and document profit/loss margins. Introduce new ideas to grow existing orders and generate additional sales.
Minimum qualifications include:
• 4 year degree in Business, Accounting or similar degree required.
• CPA strongly preferred.
• Minimum 6-8 years of progressive management or broad finance experience required.
• Equivalent combinations of education and work experience will be considered.
Abundant Life Christian Center (alcclife.org) sits on a 91 acre campus in East Syracuse, NY. We are a non-denominational, multi-cultural congregation of 3,500 members dedicated to teaching all people how to live an Abundant Life through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and His church. Situated in Central New York, our community boasts excellent schools, colleges and universities (home of Syracuse University), affordable housing, vast recreational activities with the benefit of the surrounding Finger Lakes, Adirondack and Catskill Mountains. In 2010, Syracuse NY was listed 4th best place to raise a family by Forbes Magazine (http://www.forbes.com/2010/06/04/best-places-family-lifestyle-real-estate-cities-kids_slide_8.html).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of AdministrationTrinity Evangelical Free Church
- South Bend, Indiana
- October 27
Executive Pastor (#12140)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA South , Texas
- October 27
Finance ManagerNew Life Community Church
- Peoria, Arizona
- October 25
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18
Abundant Life Christian Center
Abundant Life Christian Center ministers to nearly 2,900 members through four weekly services. We are a multi-cultural, multi-generational church with over 35 different nationalities represented in our congregation. Our church is built on the uncompromised teaching of the Bible, providing an atmosphere for a genuine experience with the Holy Spirit and authentic fellowship with one another. We are dedicated to teaching all people how to experience an Abundant life through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and His Church. We More...