This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship & Music Pastor
Ogden, Utah, United States
Date Posted: 02/11/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
WORSHIP AND MUSIC PASTOR
Washington Heights Baptist Church, Ogden, UT
Denomination: Conservative Baptist
Worship Style: 2 blended/2 contemporary
Church Attendance: 2000-2200 weekly
Washington Heights Church is located along the picturesque Wasatch Mountains of Northern Utah, the setting of the 2002 Winter Olympics. Northern Utah offers endless recreational opportunities including: skiing, boating, fishing, golf, hiking, mountain biking, camping and about anything you can imagine. Historically, Washington Heights has been an example of the power of God to allow Biblical Christianity to thrive in the unique Utah culture. If you have a passion to reach people for Christ, this could be your “dream come true.”
Washington Heights envisions people all along the Wasatch Front experiencing together God’s grace and transforming power…one life at a time as we partner with a network of like-minded churches.
Does this sound like you?
• Committed follower of Jesus who is spiritually mature, Biblically grounded and continually growing.
• Effective in developing relationships and successfully communicating with people, leaders, church leadership and staff.
• Ability to build strong community relationships.
• Ability to integrate cultures and sub-cultures within the Wasatch Front and build bridges to the unique Utah culture.
• Pastoral presence on the platform, with an ability to engage the heart of people through music and words and facilitate congregational worship.
• Recruit, schedule, develop and mentor volunteer worship leaders.
• Able to demonstrate technical skills including, but not limited to instrumental, vocal, choir, children’s choir, variety of musical styles, drama, dance and audio/visual.
• Lead the formation of a Music Ministry Team that fosters good communication and a strong sense of community among all ministry participants.
• A teachable spirit and willingness to learn under godly leaders.
• Proven developer of servant leaders and ability to delegate responsibility.
• Ability to effectively plan, organize and execute large-scale outreach events.
• Ability to plan and be accountable for the music ministry budget.
• Lead Music Ministry rehearsals.
• Prefer Biblically-based education through college or seminary.
• Proven track record in Christian ministry, preferably in Music Ministry.
Work Environment and Time Requirements:
• Requires minimum of 40 hours per week (not including Sundays).
• Mandatory on-call rotation.
• Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
• Employment is on an “at will” basis
Must be a US Citizen
Must have served as a Music and Worship Pastor in a church of 1,000 or more
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington Heights Baptist Church
Attention: Music Search Team
1770 East 6200 South
Ogden, Utah 84405