Grace Church, a non-denominational Bible church in Granger, Indiana is seeking a visionary leader and gifted teacher to fill a lead pastor position for a congregation of 1000 with a full range of ministries for all ages. Key responsibilities include strategic
leadership, preaching and teaching, coordination of public worship, staff leadership and community outreach. It is likely that the successful candidate will have a Master of Divinity degree and at least five years leadership experience in a larger church setting,
or equivalent combination. Interested candidates should submit a resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lead Pastor serves as the chief communicator and vision caster, working alongside the elders, staff and volunteers for the advancement of the Kingdom.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Motivate, equip and nurture the people of the church through example as well as preaching and teaching God’s Word as the primary weekly communicator.
- Provide leadership and vision for the church. Direct plans for ministry and church growth; develop and fine-tune the church, staff and programming structure based on a team approach to ministry.
- Spend significant time in prayer and Bible study.
- Lead & oversee staff.
- Share in the administration of communion, baptism, weddings, funerals, etc.
- Maintain the proper emphasis upon outreach and discipleship within the ministry.
Job Skills & Requirements
- The Lead Pastor should have a demonstrated ability:
- To interpret and effectively communicate the Scriptures and biblical truth.
- To disciple, evangelize, and counsel people of all ages.
- To lead and oversee a staff in a local church ministry.
- To work with believers of all ages, diverse educational backgrounds and levels of Biblical literacy to accomplish personal, group, and organizational goals.
- To work with an existing leadership team (elders) within the established philosophy of ministry to achieve the stated goals of a church.
- To preach the Word of God with conviction, passion, and determination.
- Relishes the challenge of interpreting difficult texts. Exposes congregation to the whole of Scripture.
- The Lead Pastor must be a man who exhibits the godly character qualities outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4 and Acts 6:4