This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Victory Assembly of God
Universal City, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 02/10/2009
Categories: Senior Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Victory Assembly of God in Universal City, Texas is seeking an experienced, energetic, full-time Lead Pastor. The church is located in a fast growing area in northeast San Antonio near Randolph Air Force Base. Victory is a multi-cultural, contemporary church of 400. Victory operates a full-time preschool and part-time Mother's Day Out program. There are currently 4 additional full-time staff and 14 part-time staff.
The candidate must meet the following minimum qualifications:
1. Ordained with the Assemblies of God and in good standing.
2. Bachelor's degree preferably from an Assemblies of God College or University.
3. At least 6 years of pastoral experience in an Assemblies of God church with an
average attendance of at least 200.
Additional consideration will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
1. Advanced degrees in business, theology, or counseling.
2. Pastoral experience in a suburban church of 400+.
3. Bilingual (English/Spanish).
A full benefits package is offered. (salary, health insurance, vacation, retirement)
Starting Salary: $70K DOE
We have found that one can learn only so much from the resume. In order to help us get a more complete picture of you and your interest in Victory Assembly of God. Please provide succinct responses to the following questions (1-2 paragraphs per response).
1. What is compelling you to explore this opportunity?
2. How would you describe the role of missions in relationship to the local church? What has been your experience with missions personally or in your current church setting?
3. Describe your preaching and teaching approach. How do you define expository teaching?
4. How would the members of your congregation describe your personal and relational qualities to someone they want to invite to church?
5. How does your personal baptism in the Holy Spirit impact your ministry today?
6. What are your methods for involving yourself in the lives of your people as their shepherd and overseer of their souls?
7. What activities characterize your evangelistic interest? What is your approach to personal evangelism? Corporate evangelism?
8. Explain how you prepare a sermon/regular services.
9. What is your greatest gift? Biggest weakness?
10. How do you make time for personal growth in the midst of a busy ministry schedule?
Candidates must provide their availability dates along with their resume. Only electronic resumes will be accepted. Send your resume and responses to the questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.