Job Summary: Building Maintenance is responsible for the appearance, cleanliness, maintenance, and security of the building and grounds of New Life Community Church at the Midway location.
- Maintain upkeep of grounds performing basic functions related to landscaping, snow removal, and other maintenance related duties.
- Perform minor repairs, including but not limited to masonry, minor electric, plumbing and temporary repairs in an emergency.
- Prepare facility for work and meeting needs (includes setting up and taking down of sanctuary and meeting room furniture, setting up or taking down other equipment, managing access to the building).
- Perform a variety of cleaning tasks to maintain assigned areas. May require movement of cabinets, boxes, furniture and equipment to clean areas.
- Clean and disinfect all bathroom fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors and walls. Replenish all supplies.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing, and/or waxing them. May require removal of stains from floor surfaces using chemicals or cleaning solutions.
- Gather and dispose of trash and waste materials.
- Clean glass and windows where required.
- Using ladders, dust, wash and/or perform maintenance on walls, ceilings, equipment, and light fixtures.
- Follow procedures for use of chemical cleaners and power equipment in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing tasks such as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Notify management concerning the need for repairs to operating areas/systems.
- Make requests for supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Minimum of High School Diploma and 1-3 years of experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of basic HVAC and mechanical functions of a large non-residential building.
- Proficiency in basic carpentry and mechanical skills.
- Available to work non-traditional hours such as nights and weekends.
- Regular timely attendance during stated or negotiated hours.
- Available for emergencies.
- Ability to communicate with staff and volunteers on facility needs and uses; Spanish-speaking a plus.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds; must have complete physical mobility to support building and grounds activities.