This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Highland Park United Methodist Church
Dallas, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 02/10/2009
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: over 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
Join us at Highland Park United Methodist Church in Dallas, a busy, dynamic church with a supportive and fun environment!
As an integral part of our Media Resources team, this position will participate in planning, set-up, operation and maintenance of audio, video and lighting equipment for Sunday morning worship services, plus meetings, classes, lectures and events during the week. This position will have a special emphasis on lighting.
Each Sunday brings the following worship opportunities at HPUMC: 3 traditional sanctuary services, 3 chapel services, 2 contemporary services and 1 gospel service in the amphitheater, and 1 teaching service in the great hall. Total Sunday attendance currently averages 4,500.
- Extensive, hands-on experience in audio/video/lighting. Lighting design and church media experience preferred.
- Proficiency with maintenance, programming and operation of lighting equipment, including intelligent lights.
- Degree in related field or other relevant formal education preferred, or commensurate knowledge and experience.
- Experience with Mac OSX required, as well as ability to use MS Office and other computer skills as demanded by equipment and configurations.
- Excellent initiative, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must be a Christian who is comfortable working in a church environment.
- Must be able to lift equipment weighing as much as 100 pounds, have good vision, hearing and fine motor skills and ability to easily move around (walk, bend, kneel, etc.).
Working Hours: Most standard office hours (8:30-5 M-Th, 8:30-noon Fri) plus Sundays 7:30 am-12:30 pm. Exact hours are determined according to events needing media services, which may include occasional evenings or weekends.
We offer competitive pay and benefits for this full-time position.
To apply, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, including pay requirement and religious/church affiliation. No calls, please.