This position is responsible for the development of leaders and systems that will create environments for God to work in the lives of children at Beulah Alliance Church. Also responsible to minister to the congregation through Definition, Operation and Review
of all children ministries activities
1. Global Champion
- Creation of policies, procedures, values, and constants for Children’s Ministry (CM).
- Develop CM constants for campus teams.
- Ensure CM constants are consistently met at each campus.
- Develop, administrate, give oversight to, and evaluation systems to ensure consistent execution of CM constants at all campuses.
- Provide CM direction and support to new campus launches
- Stay current with ministry trends, concepts, and ideas.
- Provide onsite feedback to campus champions.
- Participate in the hiring process for campus champions.
- Mentor and train campus pastors and / or campus champions for CM.
2. Supervision of Children Ministry pastoral and support team members at West
- Ensure a clear job description is communicated and understood for each position.
- To hold each staff person accountable for their ministry plans and ensure each staff member is resourced for their role.
- Monitor personnel effectiveness through various specialized reporting mechanisms (reports, interviews, hallway conversations, scheduled one on ones.)
- Create performance reviews documents and complete interviews with team members
- Monitor team effectiveness through connecting with key lay leaders in each ministry area.
- Ensure team members are building volunteer leaders by equipping them to lead ministry areas
3. Development and support of Children’s Ministry
- Leading team meetings
- Support for overall planning
- Overseeing ministry plan development, fulfillment and alignment
- Establishing the leadership framework(staff and volunteer) within which the ministry will operate
- Directing team training
- Identification of new positions and support for the hiring process
- Communication of the vision of the church before the children ministries staff
- Provide activities and venues that generate a team spirit
- Facilitate the coordination of facility, promotion and other functional issues
- To coordinate the support staffing needs of the team
- Budget development and oversight
4. Next Gen Team and West Campus Lead Team
- Actively participate as part of the Next Gen Team and West Campus Lead Team to provide input and communicate decisions back to the children ministries team
- Actively strategize ministry hand-offs within Next Gen ministries
- Provide input and support implementation of policies agreed to by the leadership teams
- Support resolution of human resource issues for the church and those specifically related to the children ministries team
5. Hands on ministry involvement
- Support ministry activities
- Develop new training venues or methods
- Administer sacraments and perform marriages and baptisms when necessary
- Provide pastoral care for parents and students in pre-school and elementary ministry.
- Provide oversight and biblical teaching to midweek and weekend ministry.
- Lead one children’s ministry focus area (K-3 or 4-6)
6. Personal Development
- Monitor and continue to strengthen your relationship with God
- Attend leadership and personal development sessions
- Global Champion for Children’s Ministry across all multisites
- Ensure the ministries are completed within the ends defined by the boardAs a member of the leadership team, ensure the voice of the leadership team is supported and followed within the children ministries area
- As a team leader, demonstrate an attitude and demeanor that builds the team and provides a model for others to follow
- To support Beulah’s core values
- To fully embrace and model all elements of the staff covenant
- Commit to building consensus between teams on ideas or issues before implementing any significant changes or new initiatives
- Demonstrate effective and efficient work habits
- Lead through effective delegation and follow-up
- Always be open to new direction and ideas
- Be an active member of Beulah Alliance Church (which includes involvement in a small group)
Skills, Knowledge and Gifting
- Graduate from a post-secondary institution with an arts diploma or degree in a related area (or equivalent experience) with preference giving to candidates with a specialization in Christian Education, Human Development, or Children.
- Five to ten years experience in ministry positions with increasing levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated expertise in vision casting and recruiting volunteers into ministry
- Experience in the evaluation of ministry operations and demonstrated ability to lead teams in new directions when required
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience in directing and leadership of paid and volunteer staff
- Demonstrated ability to use standard computer office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Spiritual gifting: leadership, administration, and teaching
- Experience in a large church, multi-staff setting would be an asset
- Familiarity with small group operation and coaching
- As a member of clergy must be able to be fully licensed / accredited with the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination in Canada