This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minster to Children and Families
First Baptist Church, St. Simons Island
St. Simons Island, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 02/08/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
First Baptist Church of St. Simons Island is seeking an experienced full time minister to expand and enrich the existing children's and young family programs currently in place in our church. This position would replace the interim position currently held by a lay person in our church.
The Minister to Children and Families is responsible to the church, supervised by the senior pastor, for providing staff leadership to the church in education and children and family ministry. This involves assisting church program leaders in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive ministry of Christian education, children and families in support of the mission and objectives of the church.
Ministries related to Children and Pre-school
• Plan, coordinate, direct and evaluate the children's ministries through the preschool and children' program organizations, including Sunday School, mission organizations, Children’s Church, Vacation Bible School, Camp, outreach, etc.
• Plan, coordinate, direct, and evaluate special activities for Preschool and Children.
• Develop new and maintain existing programs for the Children and Pre-School areas, such as:
Children’s sermon (weekly)
Children’s Church (weekly)
Wednesday Around the World (weekly)
Sunday after service events (monthly)
Parent’s Night Out (monthly)
Ministries related to Families
• Plan, coordinate, direct, and evaluate special activities for Families.
• Lead in planning and conducting programs for the enrichment of families in the areas of parenting and marriage.