Growing church in the Dallas metroplex is seeking an experienced Children's pastor who views ministry to children as his primary calling. The candidate must be able to lead our elementary department (currently 160+ kids) as we continue to grow.
PURPOSES FOR THIS POSITION:
- To provide opportunities for children to come to know Christ at an early age.
- To make learning about God both interesting and engaging.
- To offer meaningful activities for elementary age children while parents are involved in other activities
- To encourage Bible memorization at all ages.
- Is born again and baptized in the Holy Spirit
- Meets Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership
- Has a servant’s heart and empathetic personality
- Is reliable, takes initiative and is self-motivated
- Has a strong desire to introduce children to Jesus
- Is experienced in dealing with children’s ministries and able to relate well to children and parents
- Understands different age group characteristics, learning styles and spiritual development
- Is knowledgeable regarding effective discipline and control measures and how to handle both large and small groups of children
- Has computer skills (medium level) and some familiarity with sound/audio and video systems
- Embraces and adapts to growth, change, innovation and creativity
- Is committed to excellence in ministry, personal life and family life, and to continuing education
- Team player
1. Recruit and train leaders and teams of volunteers to serve the needs of elementary children.
2. Provide ongoing development and oversight of all volunteers and paid staff in children’s ministry.
3. Plan and direct children’s activities during all three Sunday morning services (mix of Junior Bible Quiz, Sunday School classes and Kids Church).
4. Oversee children’s activities on Sunday evenings (Royals Rangers and Girls Ministries).
5. Research and obtain or create children’s ministry curriculum.
6. Plan and direct annual VBS and Kids/Family camp.
7. See that adequate records are maintained, database is updated and reports are available regarding attendance.
8. Serve as an advocate, role model, spiritual mentor and encourager of our children and their families.
9. Assist in other areas of church ministries as directed by the senior pastor or executive pastor.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, not through the ChurchStaffing.com system.