This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Southwood Presbyterian Church
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Date Posted: 02/07/2009
Categories: Senior Pastor
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCA
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
1. Demonstrate a life in conformity with an elder as described in I Timothy
3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
2. Possess a Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary.
3. Be an ordained minister acceptable to the Presbyterian Church in America and have a commitment to Reformed theology.
4. Demonstrate homiletic skills that accurately and effectively communicate the inerrant Scriptures in today’s context.
5. Have a minimum of 5 years experience as a senior pastor or equivalent.
6. Demonstrated that he can lead an existing leadership team and church staff to achieve the stated goals of a church.
7. Demonstrated ability to disciple, evangelize, and pastor.
PRIMARY OBECTIVES AND AUTHORITY: The Senior Pastor is the primary Teaching Elder and Leader of Southwood Presbyterian Church (SPC). His primary function is to lead the church toward the fulfillment of the SPC vision statement, “To advance the Kingdom of God in our lives, homes, church, community and world”, and the SPC mission statement, “To turn everyone we meet into fully devoted followers of Jesus.” He is responsible, either directly or by delegation, for all pastoral functions, which include leading, teaching, shepherding and caring for all worshipers. All authority of the Session that is delegated to staff is delegated through the Senior Pastor, so that all authority and accountability of staff can be phrased, insofar as the Session is concerned, as authority and accountability of the Senior Pastor.
1. Preaching, Leading Worship, Teaching and Prayer
2. Shepherd of the Flock, including Spiritual Development of Members & Staff.
3. Model the Southwood Vision and Mission
4. Leadership & Development of Staff, Officers of SPC.
5. Strategic Leadership, Management and Planning.
6. Evangelism – Outreach & Missions.
7. Discipleship including Small Groups