Mesilla Park Community Church is a rapidly growing, innovative fellowship, looking for someone who desires to make a real difference in this world for Christ. We are not interested in a status quo Children’s Ministry that simply entertains kids. Our passion
is to see children and their families won to Jesus and becoming fruitful, lifelong disciples.
Minister to Children and Parents
The Minister to Children and Parents is a full-time position overseeing all ministries for the spiritual growth of children birth to 5th grade. Because we believe that the home and church partnering together can make the biggest impact in
a child’s life, a special emphasis is placed on engaging and equipping families.
- Born again Christian who has a confirmed call by God into ministry.
- A passion for children’s ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
- Meets Biblical qualifications for a spiritual leaders (1 Timothy 3; Galatians 5:22-23).
- Basic working understanding of the Purpose Driven Ministry Philosophy.
- Prefer previous experience with direction and administration of large church Children’s Ministries or Family Ministries.
- Prefer a college or post-college degree in Children/Family ministries or similar.
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to children and families.
- Experience in designing and developing children’s ministry programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher), and the capacity to learn new software (Photoshop, Fellowship One, others).
- A natural ability to relate well to both children and their parents.
- Agreement and commitment to the church’s doctrine, vision, core values and ministry priorities (www.getrealchurch.org).
- A team-oriented, visionary leader with direct people management experience.
- Developed administrative and organizational skills.
- Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth-5th grade, including weekend services, Wednesday nights, summer programming, special events, etc…
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Plan and oversee special events (similar to VBS, Fall Festival, Baby Dedications, Camps, etc.)
- Provide vision, strategy & development for all aspects of Children’s Ministry (birth-5th grade).
- Provide leadership, direction and training for all Children’s Ministry Staff.
- Review, purchase and oversee the implementation of all curriculums for Children’s Ministry.
- Oversight of all Early Childhood Ministries. Recruit and oversee all early childhood volunteers providing leadership, training, and appreciation.
- Augment church ministries and activities by providing a system of safe, affordable, nurturing child care.
- Develop and maintain irresistible, appealing and engaging environments for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Responsible for tracking weekly attendance, metrics and patterns.
- Meet regularly with staff, Executive Pastor and/or Senior Pastor to discuss ministry goals, strategy and effectiveness.
- Work with Marriage and Families Minister to provide seminars, classes and resources to build strong, Christ-centered marriages, parents and families.
- Engage and equip families, helping parents expand their spiritual influence within their homes.
- Develop and manage to a yearly ministry plan and budget.
- Be an active participant in the church’s overall direction and leadership with an understanding that Children’s Ministry is one of many systems of the overall church.
- Stay current with latest trends in children’s and family ministry, bringing the best ideas forward for evaluation.
- Reports directly to the Executive Pastor.
- Supervises and directs Children’s Ministry staff.
- Works closely with all ministries as part of church staff team.
- Salary plus benefits commensurate with experience.
- Relocation expenses subsidization negotiable.