Our church hopes to become a regional resource for beginning and sustaining strong marriages and for nuruturing healthy families. The Director of Marriage and Family Ministries will oversee and lead our church's efforts to foster a culture of connection
and discipleship between generations, especially in those ways that will help the church as a whole to pass on its faith to the next generation by becoming a cohesive spiritual family of families.
Qualities Desired for This Position:
- Strong programmatic leadership
- Skills for recruiting, supporting, and building teams of ministry volunteers
- A clear passion for the spiritual health of marriages and families
- Experience in organizational leadership
- Gifts for teaching, leadership, and discipleship
- An awareness of the spiritual, social, and relational struggles facing couples and families today
- Steward the strategic planning for CPC’s efforts to nurture and support strong marriages and families
- Develop a volunteer and staff team implement our Marriage and Family Ministry plan
- Develop and lead programmatic opportunities and other resources to enhance Marriage and Family Ministries at CPC
- Initiate, develop, and resource partnerships with ministries beyond CPC to strengthen marriages and families in our community and region
- Partner with other departments –especially those within the intergenerational ministry team- to lead CPC into new ways of fostering relational support networks between families and across generations
- Develop curriculum, online resources, classes and experiences –in collaboration with our Children’s Ministries- to equip parents to take on the primary role in the discipleship of their children
- Provide for parents practical strategies and tools to nurture spiritual formation at home
- Create programmatic pathways that will engage families at each stage or developmental milestone in order to celebrate faith milestones, set family priorities, and nurture connections with the church community
- Develop and oversee a communication strategy to encourage parents to adopt and live into counter-cultural gospel priorities for their families
- Organize family retreats and/or events that will lead families into new discipleship experiences
This is a key ministry leadership position in our church, but not an ordained pastoral position.
This position works under the leadership of the Pastor for Intergenerational Ministries.
This is a fulltime position that offers benefits.
If you sense God might be calling you into this ministry opportunity, please feel free to contact us at