NewPointe is looking for a dynamic leader to work in a vibrant, growing church in Dover, Ohio.
The Director of Student Ministries is responsible for leadership and oversight of all student ministry elements, grades 7-12. This includes leading the ministry programming and small group components, and also includes recruiting, training and retaining of volunteers. This individual must have a passion for seeing students and volunteers experience the relevant and life changing message of Jesus Christ, and must be willing to innovate to make sure that happens.
The Director of Student Ministries seeks to change student and volunteer lives by directing both the high school and middle school division of NewPointe’s student ministry. This includes setting and casting the vision and direction for the ministry, evaluating and upgrading all elements of the ministry, leading both the HSM and MSM Directors, and contributing in weekly/event programs, as well as in recruiting, training and retaining of volunteers. Ultimately the Director of Student Ministries is responsible for casting the vision of the ministry and seeing that it is implemented.
• Growth – our environments must be structured in a way where the end goal is growth – for students, for volunteers and for our paid staff as well.
• Relationships – to fully be a ministry of small groups, every environment must be relational – from phone calls to retreats to Sunday services.
• Mission Focused – HSM/MSM must never forget or disconnect from the overall mission of NPCC – this means that we remain a ministry of small groups, not just a ministry with small groups.
• Relevance – everything we do must work to make the message of Jesus Christ speak to our students that attend our ministry.
• Significance – HSM/MSM must provide significant God encounters for our students, so they can experience the life changing message of Jesus Christ.
Specific List of Responsibilities
• Work ON HSM and MSM to make each ministry better every week, by establishing clear objectives, ministry wins, and specific direction for all things Student Ministry Related. – 25%
• Lead the HSM and MSM Directors toward growth and maturity spiritually and professionally. This includes mentoring, coaching, evaluating and celebrating with them in order to see them develop into Directors themselves. – 20%
• Contribute creatively in the programming for weekly environments and big events, including camps, retreats, and foyer events. The Director of Student Ministries is a contributing voice with veto power for programming. – 10%
• Evaluate all programs, environments and volunteer contributions in both HSM and MSM, so that everything remains new, improved and improving. – 15%
• Recruit, lead and communicate with volunteers (keep them connected to our ministry wins, their ministry objectives and ultimately to God). – 15%
• Manage communication efforts with the church body as well as parents of students in the ministry to promote ministry vision and wins to the larger audience. – 15%
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong ability/desire to lead people in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ through our Student Ministry platform
• 12-24 month vision – that sees necessary changes for incremental improvement of current operational processes
• Ability to quickly create relevant environments
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Ability to effectively recruit, inspire and build teams.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Able to ask questions for understanding and advancement of ideas/concepts
• Coachable and takes direction well
• Strong desire to serve God
• Strong desire to see people’s lives changed
• Able to work independently, as well as with a team
• Able to coordinate multiple projects at once
• Able to work with other NPCC departments to coordinate and execute projects
• Promotes a positive attitude and working environment
• Possesses excellent “people” skills
Education: High school diploma required, college degree strongly preferred (in a related ministry field)
Experience: Minimum 2-5 year related experience, at a ministry leadership level.
Licenses: None required
Personal and Spiritual Requirements
• Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
• Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle
• Models standards and expectations of leaders with in NPCC, including:
1. Membership (within 6 months of hire)
2. Tithe (within 3 months of hire)
3. Lead a small group
4. Regular attendance at all services and NPCC events
5. Abstain from alcohol, tobacco and illegal substances.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Student PastorChristian Faith Center
- Nampa, Idaho
- October 20
Associate Student PastorFBC Midlothian
- Midlothian, Texas
- October 20
NewPointe Community Church
NPCC is a church where you can bring your spiritual questions and still be welcomed! NPCC is a church where your questions and your spiritual journey will be honored. When you go to church – especially for the first time in years – you long to find a place you can feel at home … a place where you feel safe. • Safe to explore Christianity at your own pace • Safe to bring your kids • Safe to ask tough questions about faith • Safe to grow spiritually More...