The Campus Youth Pastor will oversee the entire youth ministry (6th-12th graders) at our Mid Rivers Campus. This person will have the ability to create a safe environment for students all over the spiritual spectrum to take steps on their journey with Jesus.
This includes (but is not limited to) overseeing the weekly YouthCrossing gathering, events, outreach, volunteers, and volunteer development. This person will have a high gift of leadership and be very relational. Creating community, culture, and trust amongst
teams to further the reaches of the youth ministry is top priority.
- Primary teacher and vision keeper of campus youth ministry
- Oversee Middle and High School volunteers
- Recruit and train teams of adult volunteers
- Provide ongoing training and leadership development for volunteers
- Implement follow up with new and current students
- Develop and implement student leadership opportunities
- Oversee off-campus small groups
- Work closely with the creative arts team in implementing weekly services
- Create community and relational opportunities through events and activities
- Be proactive and have initiative to troubleshoot and evaluate in order to expand ministry
- Other staff duties as assigned by the Leadership team
Spiritual Gifts Helpful For This Position
Leadership • Teaching • Administration • Discernment
Character Traits Needed For This Position
- High relationship skills
- Humble, Flexible, Teachable and Trustworthy
- Authentic and consistent in his/her own spiritual walk and relationships
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Good people skills – Team player
- Passionate about The Crossing and a personal relationship with God
- Ability to speak with the voice of The Crossing
If you are interested in working at The Crossing, there are a few things you might want to know about. As we look at potential candidates, we look through 5 basic grids (and they all just so happen to start with "C"). Yes, we’re clever like that.
Competency : Chemistry : Character : Creativity : Calling
Also, please hop over to our website at www.wcrossing.org and poke around a bit. While you're there, you might want to watch a podcast or two. We think you should get to know us a little bit before you apply.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.WCROSSING.ORG/JOBS TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.