Director of Music Ministry - Bethany Presbyterian Church
The Director of Music Ministry leads Bethany Presbyterian Church in honest worship to God. The Director plans and coordinates worship ensembles, soloists, and choir to glorify God.
The Director of Music Ministries reports to and is accountable to the Pastor as Head of Staff.
The job is 30-40 hours per week with benefits.
- Personal commitment to Jesus Christ and openness to the direction of the Holy Spirit
- Called to lead others in worship with a passion for congregational singing
- Values various styles of music for worship
- Expertise in leading congregational singing
- Knowledge of contemporary Christian songs and traditional hymnody
- Has a heart for nurturing, encouraging, and empowering children, youth, and young adults to actively
participate in worship music
- Experience working with various personalities in musical ensembles
- Comfortable in a unique Presbyterian setting with strong charismatic, contemplative and liturgical roots
- Capacity for navigating the complexity of a blended worship service community
- Possesses skills in communication, organization, and administration
Areas of Responsibilities:
1. Practice regular spiritual disciplines of Bible study and prayer
2. Stimulate creativity in music ministry, leveraging gifts of the musical community at Bethany ("artist in
3. Coordinate music ensembles: lead rehearsals, work intimately with ensemble leaders, schedule
periodic meetings for all ensemble members, and secure substitutes
4. Build and foster the music community; recruit and integrate new musicians and mentor younger
5. Direct the choir or supervise part-time choir director
6. Supervise organist
7. Supervise the sound technician
8. Select music for congregational singing in worship in coordination with the pastor/preacher
9. Meet regularly with the Pastor
10. Prepare lead sheets and arrangements as needed
11. Lead congregational singing with an ensemble when necessary
12. Schedule and coordinate special music (instrumental and vocal) in weekly worship
13. Maintain files for all ensemble music and hymn inserts; maintain music recordings; purchase new and
dispose of old music as needed
The Director of Music Ministry is accountable to the Head Pastor in the performance of her/his responsibilities. The Director of Music Ministry relates with the Head Pastor, the choir director, the organist, the sound technician, the youth director, the director of children’s ministries, the communications director, all ensemble members and the worship elder.
The Pastor, as Head of Staff will conduct performance reviews annually. The Personnel Committee and Session will annually review the adequacy of compensation.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be accepting resumes for this position until October 31, 2013
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderMountain View Presbyterian Church
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- January 19
Worship LeaderBethany Christian Reformed Church
- Bellflower, California
- January 19
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- January 19
Worship PastorGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 18
Director of Worship (Non-Traditional)Trinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17