I. Position Summary
1. To show grace to all by seeking to create at OMPC a culture and climate of outreach.
2. To show grace to all through equipping the membership of OMPC in various methods of outreach.
3. To show grace to all in the planning, leading and execution of strategic and creative outreach events.
4. To show grace to all as the Staff Liaison of the Sessional Outreach Ministry Team and the Ushering and Greeting Ministry Team.
5. To show grace to all by reaching out to and shepherding college students and young professionals.
II. Position Requirements
1. Reformed and Covenantal theology
2. Grace oriented and Gospel driven ministry philosophy
3. Outreach methodology and outreach systems
4. Outreach equipping of others
1. Master of Divinity (or Master of Arts “Missions and Evangelism”) - required
2. Ordained or acceptable for ordination in PCA
3. Minimum of 5 years’ experience on church staff or with a campus ministry
4. Proven track record in outreach ministry and training
5. Proven track record working with college students and young professionals
1. Gift of and heart for outreach and the lost
2. Entrepreneurial spirit
3. Collaborative work style
4. Written and oral communication skills
5. Lay recruitment and development
6. Able to lead small groups
7. Heart for and experience with reaching college students and young professionals
III. Management Responsibilities
1. Visitor Coordinator
2. Administrative Assistant
IV. Position Responsibilities
Major Responsibilities % Of Time
1. Responsibility Description
Raise the awareness of personal and corporate outreach at OMPC utilizing every available means including occasional worship emphasis, specialized Sunday school classes, LIFE Groups, and the Battle for the Heart discipleship process.
Lead the OMPC Staff, Session and all other homogenous groups in a culture of outreach.
2. Responsibility Description
Provide leadership and oversight to the Visitor Coordinator, assuring the effective contact and capture of OMPC visitors and their successful transition to the Pastor of Assimilation
3. Responsibility Description
Plan, lead and organize regular outreach events that are creative and innovative. Coordinate the promotion and follow up of these events. Liaison and cooperate with outreach events in the community. 20
4. Responsibility Description
Plan, lead and organize a targeted out reach of people from college age through late twenties.
5. Responsibility Description
Provide pastoral care and leadership to members and non-members from college age through late twenties
Other Ministerial and Oversight Responsibilities
6. Sub-Role(s) or Responsibilities
Provide leadership, strategic planning and oversight for direct reports.
7. Sub-Role(s) or Responsibilities
Serve as Staff Liaison for the Outreach Ministry Team and Ushering and Greeting Ministry Team, providing administrative services and coordination for the Chairman, Vice Chairman and team.