Ministry Title: Elementary Director
Reports To: Executive Pastor
Date Prepared: 9/26/13
The Elementary Director will direct the efforts in maintaining a safe, secure, loving environment where all children, grades Kindergarten through 4th, can be lead into a maturing relationship with Christ. The Director must cast vision and build
a strong ministry team who is equipped and committed to excellence in all areas.
- Pray for the ministry by lifting up children, parents, volunteers and other staff so that God may be glorified and the Good News may be told.
- Cast vision for the K-4 ministry and regularly evaluate to insure all components of the ministry are in alignment with vision. Adjust as necessary.
- Manage all volunteer positions required in K-4 through recruiting, training, scheduling and communicating.
- Provide leaders with Orange curriculum by downloading, organizing, printing and binding various teaching tools.
- Purchase all classroom supplies and any other special event supplies.
- Encourage leaders, parents and children on a regular basis via email, text or face-to-face communication.
- Meet with children and families as needed to discuss salvation, baptism or other issues they may be facing.
- Plan, communicate and carry out special “connect” events such as summer camp, sleepovers, family gatherings and parent meetings.
- Administer the ministry by creating yearly budget and maintaining other documentation such as background checks and medical release forms.
- Attend staff meetings, lead and/or participate in additional meetings when requested to do so.
- Develop self by attending training, conferences and reading. Attend Orange Conference every 2 to 3 years.
- Cooperate with the Executive Pastor by performing any other duties when asked to do so.
- Adhere to church approved guidelines as set forth in Stones Crossing’s Bylaws and Policies, Procedures Manual and Employee Handbook.
- Be committed to the vision, values, beliefs, and mission of Stones Crossing Church.
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
- Be an example to our church and our community in character and conduct.
- Maintain proper priorities in your home and be a spiritual leader to your spouse and children, if married.
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas.
- Arrive to meetings, rehearsals, and services on time. Arriving 10 minutes prior to volunteers is best.
- Practice Matthew 18 principle of going to an offender first to work out problem prior to having unhealthy conversations with a third party.
- Financially support the work of ministries of Stones Crossing by faithfully giving at least 10% of your income. Maintain wise stewardship measures over the remaining 90%.
- When Sunday is considered as part of a staff member’s normal scheduled workweek, an additional day off will be scheduled through the Executive Pastor.
- Read and be in agreement with the Employee Handbook.
To be determined.