Ministry Title: Elementary Director
Reports To: Executive Pastor
Date Prepared: 9/26/13
The Elementary Director will direct the efforts in maintaining a safe, secure, loving environment where all children, grades Kindergarten through 4th, can be lead into a maturing relationship with Christ. The Director must cast vision and build a strong ministry team who is equipped and committed to excellence in all areas.
- Pray for the ministry by lifting up children, parents, volunteers and other staff so that God may be glorified and the Good News may be told.
- Cast vision for the K-4 ministry and regularly evaluate to insure all components of the ministry are in alignment with vision. Adjust as necessary.
- Manage all volunteer positions required in K-4 through recruiting, training, scheduling and communicating.
- Provide leaders with Orange curriculum by downloading, organizing, printing and binding various teaching tools.
- Purchase all classroom supplies and any other special event supplies.
- Encourage leaders, parents and children on a regular basis via email, text or face-to-face communication.
- Meet with children and families as needed to discuss salvation, baptism or other issues they may be facing.
- Plan, communicate and carry out special “connect” events such as summer camp, sleepovers, family gatherings and parent meetings.
- Administer the ministry by creating yearly budget and maintaining other documentation such as background checks and medical release forms.
- Attend staff meetings, lead and/or participate in additional meetings when requested to do so.
- Develop self by attending training, conferences and reading. Attend Orange Conference every 2 to 3 years.
- Cooperate with the Executive Pastor by performing any other duties when asked to do so.
- Adhere to church approved guidelines as set forth in Stones Crossing’s Bylaws and Policies, Procedures Manual and Employee Handbook.
- Be committed to the vision, values, beliefs, and mission of Stones Crossing Church.
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
- Be an example to our church and our community in character and conduct.
- Maintain proper priorities in your home and be a spiritual leader to your spouse and children, if married.
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas.
- Arrive to meetings, rehearsals, and services on time. Arriving 10 minutes prior to volunteers is best.
- Practice Matthew 18 principle of going to an offender first to work out problem prior to having unhealthy conversations with a third party.
- Financially support the work of ministries of Stones Crossing by faithfully giving at least 10% of your income. Maintain wise stewardship measures over the remaining 90%.
- When Sunday is considered as part of a staff member’s normal scheduled workweek, an additional day off will be scheduled through the Executive Pastor.
- Read and be in agreement with the Employee Handbook.
To be determined.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Director of Children's MinistriesFellowship Bible Church
- Benton, Arkansas
- January 21
Director of Childrens MinistrySt. Luke Church
- Columbus, Georgia
- January 20
Director of Children's MinistriesJourney Community Church
- Camas, Washington
- January 20
Family Life Minister - 1748MinisterSearch
- Kenosha, Wisconsin
- January 20
Stones Crossing Church
Together, we are striving to become the type of church described in the Bible; a church with relevant teaching, heartfelt worship, honest friendships, constant prayer, and compassionate care for those in need. In short, we would like to have the kind of contagious Christianity that can influence and encourage the entire community, one life at a time. More...