We are currently seeking a Worship Pastor to oversee the worship ministries of Trinity Evangelical Free Church. Please apply by sending a resume AND a video link of you leading a contemporary AND a classic, traditional, or blended service to email@example.com.
Due to the volume of applications received, we will only be able to respond further to applicants who will move to the next step in the process.
Job Description is as follows:
JOB TITLE: Pastor of Worship
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
To oversee, coordinate and execute the ministries of worship, music (both Classic and Contemporary styles) and the arts at Trinity Church. The Pastor of Worship will have the faith, energy, passion, knowledge and giftedness to lead the congregation of Trinity into the presence of God in a multi-style, multi-venue environment.
- In coordination with the senior pastor, establishes, guards and executes a Gospel-centered, Christ-exalting and biblically based theology, values, and philosophy of worship at Trinity, while educating the congregation in the worth and appreciation of music and the arts in worship.
- Oversees and leads all church music activities, including both our Classic and CrossWalk (contemporary) services, and special/holiday services, and is responsible for effective recruitment, vetting, oversight and development of all worship leaders, musicians and vocalists in either or both venues/styles, if/when he chooses not to lead worship in either of those venue himself.
- Attends and leads all monthly worship committee meetings (if he desires to maintain that committee), and attends weekly or bi-weekly staff meetings. Attends church board meetings when needed or directed.
- Oversee and rehearses the Sanctuary Choir, instrumentalists, and a small orchestra (rehearsing the choir and leading the choir on particular Sundays may be delegated as possible or desired).
- Leads, rehearses and performs with the Classic service musicians in weekly services, unless delegating leadership to an available worship leader under his supervision
- Oversee the contemporary CrossWalk (contemporary) band. Leads, rehearses and performs with the Crosswalk band in weekly services, unless delegating leadership to an available worship leader under his supervision
- Identifies, recruits, auditions, oversees, evaluates and develops all musicians and vocalists for both the Classic and CrossWalk services/venues.
- Plans all worship services (Sundays and holidays) in communication with the senior pastor.
- Ensure all PowerPoint and/or ProPresenter slides are prepared and ready for the tech teams by Sunday morning (slides may be developed through the church graphics coordinnator)
- Regularly researches and familiarizes himself with past and present music and artists in both the Classic and Contemporary genres for potential use in worship services.
- Oversees the music library (physical and electronic), and approves all music and instrumental purchases.
- Oversee the budget, maintenance, replacement, and upgrade of all musical instruments and worship related technology (e.g., sound and light boards, speakers, lights, projectors, etc.).
- Closely oversees and supervises the Audiovisual Coordinator or Director, drama leaders (if used), stage or auditorium decorators, paid or volunteer worship leaders, and all musicians (regular/volunteer or paid guests). Responsible, through and with the A/V Coordinator and his/her team(s), to maintain and upgrade and optimize worship related technology for the purpose of maximizing worship service excellence, subject to budget constraints.
- Leading a bi-weekly or monthly discipleship small group for developing leaders in the church.
- Participate in seminars, conferences and other continuing education opportunities for ongoing professional growth.
- Other activities as directed by the senior pastor.
- A real, vibrant and mature faith in Jesus Christ, including an appreciation of and meeting the qualifications set forth in 1 Timothy 3.
- Deep commitment to and love for the local church.
- A desire to reach the unsaved with the Gospel and make disciples.
- Strong vocal skills. Solo level vocal skills preferred.
- At least a Bachelors degree in music or a related field. Theological training/degree and/or advanced degree preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience leading Classic or Traditional worship as well as contemporary worship bands.
- Self-starter, innovative, teachable and willing to be held accountable.
- Understanding and support of the EFCA Statement of Faith and TEFC Constitution and By-Laws.
- Knowledge of Contemporary and Traditional Worship music genres, as well as a diversity of other genres conducive to worship in the musically diverse Classic services of Trinity.
- Ability to lead worship and lead musicians and vocalists in rehearsals.
- Knowledge of and experience with worship and presentation software such as Song Select, PowerPoint and ProPresenter.
- Experience with event planning and volunteer coordination.
- Demonstrated skill and competency to use technology in worship including sound, lighting, computers, worship software and video projection.
- Giftedness and experience should include strong vocal skills and knowledge of music theory
- Prefer a good working knowledge of the aspects of live production, including audio, lighting, video, multimedia, music and staging.
- Ability and willingness to perform in public.
- Demonstrated skill to play an instrument as worship leader or accompanist.
- Prefer an individual with advanced skill level on guitar (acoustic and/or electric) and/or keyboard, and the ability to read and arrange music. Ability to play the piano in the Classic service preferred, but not required.
- Good interpersonal skills that reach across generational barriers, in order to bring people to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as well as spiritual growth for those who already know Him as Lord and Savior.
- A willingness to create a worship environment conducive to reaching both non-believers and believers.
- Good understanding and skills with regard to multiple venues of communication with others, including texting, email, and social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- The ability to multitask, good decision making skills, good judgment in interpersonal conversation, and committed to excellence
HOURS PER WEEK: Full Time Position, 40+ hours per week.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Minister of MusicElizabethtown Brethren In Christ Church
- Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
- April 24
Worship ArtsWestside Baptist Church
- Fort Pierce, Florida
- April 24
Creative Arts PastorCrossroads Community Church
- Ottawa Lake, Michigan
- April 24
Pastor of Worship & Community LifeGreat Exchange Covenant Church
- Union City, California
- April 23
Worship Leader - Classic ServicePathway Church
- Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
- April 23
Trinity Evangelical Free Church
Trinity is a thriving and vibrant Evangelical Free Church of approximately 650 weekly attendees located in South Bend, Indiana. We are committed to discipleship of believers while reaching out to the Michiana area with the Gospel so that many would come alive to Jesus Christ. We currently have three Sunday services, offering two music styles (classic and contemporary) across two venues. Our mission statement: Trinity is a community of believers committed to knowing and loving God while bringing all people to maturity in Jesu More...