This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship & Creative Arts Pastor
Peninsula Covenant Church
Redwood City, California, United States
Date Posted: 02/05/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: In collaboration with the Lead Pastor, the worship pastor oversees all aspects of the Worship & Creative Arts Department, in alignment with the Mission, Vision, and Beliefs of Peninsula Covenant Church.
PRINCIPLE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A person who:
• is called by God into full-time vocational worship ministry;
• exhibits a Christ-like, Biblical character in every aspect of life;
• displays a vibrant personal life of worship;
• aligns with and understands the incarnational ministry context;
• is a student of worship and demonstrates a missional philosophy of worship and its expressions;
• develops people and works well in teams;
• demonstrates a shepherd’s heart; and
• communicates effectively, both in writing and verbally.
A person who:
• provides oversight, inspiration, excellence and vision for leadership of distinct worship gatherings, and over the entire PCC Worship & Creative Arts Department;
• motivates others to experience true worship of God;
• understands and has experience with the arts and their expressions in the context of worship gatherings; and
• develops personal and departmental ministry opportunities in the community.
PRINCIPLE WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
• Supervises Worship Administrator and Tech Team Leader.
• Provides oversight of all Worship Leadership Teams.
• Serves in partnership with other PCC Ministry Leaders, Council representative (Chair of the Worship Committee), Pacific Southwest Conference, Evangelical Covenant Church, community, and other local ministry leaders and artists.
CANDIDATE PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Has a passion for Christ and for His word; demonstrates a daily pursuit of a Christ-centered life.
• Has five plus (5+) years of experience as a worship leader; able to demonstrate effectiveness in developing and implementing worship gatherings.
• Has experience in developing musicians, including bands, instrumentalists, and vocalists.
• Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Collaborates and partners with other ministries and the congregation; works effectively as both a team leader and team member.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• A willingness to participate in the Evangelical Covenant Church licensure and commissioning or ordination process.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee worship for the Traditions (9:15am), Contemporary (11:00am), and Sunday Night (5:30pm) worship gatherings and teams of paid and unpaid staff, including tech support, administrative support, instrumentalists, communion servers, etc.).
• Serve as the worship leader for at least one and not more than two of the three worship gatherings.
• Coordinate worship gatherings and special worship events with other PCC ministry leaders, including Senior Staff and the Council Representative.
• Provide leadership and/or oversight for rehearsals (mid-week and Sunday).
• Develop paid and unpaid staff.
• Create and manage the budget for the Worship & Creative Arts Department.
• Strive to live out the 6C’s (Calling, Character, Chemistry, Competence, Commitment, and Community) as a PCC staff member.
• Effective collaboration and partnership with other ministries and the congregation; demonstrated ability to work within teams and in a matrix structure.
For more information: http://www.peninsulacovenant.org/Sundays/worshipsearch/default.aspx
To apply contact: