Grace Pointe Church
1320 E. Chicago Ave.
Naperville, IL 60540
Audio Coordinator and Social Media Admin
The purpose of this position is to support the vision of Grace Pointe Church, ultimately Jesus Christ’s call! To make disciples and plant churches.
This position’s primary focus is maintaining and improving upon the aspects of audio, technical and basic website administration for a multi-site Church.
Full Time (40 Hours)
Includes substantial schedule on Sundays as well as some Saturdays in line with particular events (weddings, concerts etc.) and all-church activities.
Creative Leadership Team and Lead Pastor, under the guidance of the Media Director
Core Working Competencies:
* 3-5 yrs experience working with audio electronics, sound reinforcement and mixing audio successfully in a live environment
*Ability to operate all types of sound equipment (gates, normalizers, processors, amps, wireless mics etc), know how they work, install them and make necessary changes for different events as needed
* Experience working with LED lighting and boards
* Understanding of DV tape cameras as well as some basic understanding Final Cut Pro X
* Working knowledge of different sound reinforcement systems, audio equipment, repair methods
* Ability to work with both Mac and Windows Operating Systems
* Experience or working knowledge of ProPresentor or similar system experience
* Ability to think and act clearly and quickly when a tech problem arises during a service/event
* Working knowledge of computer audio editing programs (Adobe Audition/CD Architect and others)
* Able to fix/repair basic electronic equipment like cables, plugs etc.
Core Personality Competencies:
* Gracious, helpful and accessible in working with visitors and staff
*Committed growing Christian with a servant’s heart
* Person of high integrity, confidentiality, and patience
* Excellent relational and communications skills
* Creative, adaptable, flexible, and teachable
* Able to envision, initiate, and manage multiple projects, timelines.
* Targets and achieves results, overcomes obstacles, accepts responsibility, establishes standards and responsibilities, creates a results-oriented environment, and follows through on actions.
* Communicates well both verbally and in writing.
* Generates new ideas and develops or improves existing and new systems that challenge the status quo, takes risks, and encourages innovation.
* Possesses the ability to define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions
* Effectively and productively engages and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence with others.
* Ability to attract, develop, reward and utilize volunteer teams to optimize results. Acts to build trust, inspire enthusiasm, encourage others, and help resolve conflicts
*Consistently discreet and reliable
- The ability to work joyfully alongside key ministry leaders and volunteers is a requirement
- Work alongside Media Director and other ministries on a weekly basis to plan and implement stage setup, equipment setup, and media needs
- Operate, maintain upkeep and take responsibility for all audio and technical needs (multi-site), this includes but is not limited to:
- Run the sound for or have a volunteer setup to run the sound for all Sunday services and if any events require the need
- Run sound or have a volunteer to do so for all worship team practices
- Stage and equipment setup for all worship services and practices, events and meetings as needed
- Equipment setup for all other events within the church (classrooms/meeting rooms/special events etc.)
- Recording, editing and posting online all Sermon audio from Sunday services
- Tweaking, cleaning and maintenance for all equipment (audio boards, audio equipment, lighting, projectors, basic computer maintenance etc.)
- Making sure all equipment is in top working condition and either fixing it or getting it fixed in a timely manner.
- Keeping a personal calendar in which to manage event setup times, dates and needs
- Organize equipment storage, develop and upkeep of equipment inventory
- Maintain tech supplies of batteries, tapes etc.
- Basic weekly web-maintenance based on needs, including but not limited to:
- Uploading sermon audio, pictures, announcements, sermon notes
- Working alongside the Media Director to come up with creative graphics and updates to the website along with ways to heighten web traffic
- Maintain all aspects of the social media accounts of the church including:
- Facebook pages
- Twitter accounts
- Work alongside the Media Director to plan, implement and complete AV room and equipment updates including:
- TV studio
- Update AV equipment throughout the building as needed
- Reorganize Sanctuary and chapel equipment to better reflect current needs and better workflow environments
* Relevant bachelor’s degree, ministry training or equivalent experience
Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Audio/Visual ManagerOur Savior's Way Lutheran Church
- Ashburn, Virginia
- January 17
Communications DirectorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- January 13
Worship & Creative Arts DirectorRadiant Church
- Ludington, Michigan
- January 13
Audio/Visual TechnicianSecond Presbyterian Church
- Bloomington, Illinois
- January 13
Audio Director: FOH EngineerSlingshot Group
- Irvine, California
- January 11
Grace Pointe is a multi-site global ministry that includes local churches and ministries in the U.S. as well as the strategic areas of Latin America, Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Grace Pointe is a global community and ministry. More...