Worship and Arts Pastor
Smithtown Gospel Tabernacle
The primary purpose of the Worship and Arts Pastor is to lead the people of Smithtown Gospel Tabernacle into the river of God’s Presence through worship.
This primary purpose finds broad expression as he disciples those presently engaged in the worship ministry of SGT through their involvement in the choir, orchestra, drama, sound, and media ministries.
The Worship and Arts Pastor will possess the following characteristics, skills, and spiritual gifts:
- A thriving relationship with Jesus Christ, deep reliance on the Holy Spirit’s empowerment and a passion for the Word of God and prayer
- A passion to disciple and mentor others in the areas of worship, music, drama, as well as other ministry areas that pertain to the worship/music ministries of SGT
- A passion to see people ushered into the presence of God and an understanding of how that happens
- An anointing to lead people into worship
- Spiritual gifts of Pastor/Teacher, Exhorter, and administration
- Vocal and instrumental expertise
- A sufficient level of biblical knowledge and training
- A proven track record of healthy interpersonal relationships and loyalty to leadership
- The substantial equivalent of at least five years of pastoral and/or leadership experience
- Basic to intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office and MediaShout
The main opportunity for fulfillment of this primary purpose will be the three Sunday morning services, but opportunity will also arise during special events where times of worship will be an integral part of the activity (e.g. prayer meetings, the week of Prayer, Missions convention, Special worship concerts, Men’s breakfasts, Leadership/membership meetings, etc.)
Currently, the SGT worship ministry is comprised of those who are involved in the choir, orchestra, worship band, technical team, sound/video team and drama team who have found expression for their ministries on Sunday mornings particularly, but also during two major presentations—The Glory of Christmas and The Passion Play—which draw thousands of guests each year during the Christmas and Easter season. While candidates for Worship and Arts Pastor will not necessarily be expected to duplicate all of the worship expressions to which SGT has been accustomed, it is expected that any viable candidate will have a clear vision for how to effectively engage the people who are presently involved in the worship ministry as they continue to offer their gifts and talents to the Lord.
As a member of the pastoral team, the Worship and Arts Pastor gives direct oversight to the following positions and will carry out the following responsibilities, each of which directly relate
to the broad purpose statement outlined above:
- Develop, coordinate, lead corporate worship services – Sunday morning (3 services), special services, men’s prayer breakfasts, leadership and business meetings, etc.
- Develop, coordinate, lead rehearsals for corporate worship services.
- Provide pastoral ministry to worship teams – choir, orchestra, third service team, technical team, drama team.
- Develop, coordinate, lead seasonal productions – Glory of Christmas, Passion Play, and 4th of July.
- Give oversight to part-time assistant who schedules special music and carries out administrative duties.
- Give oversight to Technical Director in the areas of sound, lighting, and video.
- Give oversight to music librarian who does the folders for all musicians.
- Give oversight to volunteer director of children’s choir.
- Available to give support to other expressions of corporate worship – children, youth, young adults, men’s and women’s retreats, etc.
- Work with annual budgets connected to ministries.
- Search, select, purchase music for choir, orchestra, and productions.
- Prepare Media Shout for corporate worship services.
- Work with school for sanctuary needs for concerts and special music events.
Additionally, the Worship and Arts Pastor will be available for general pastoral duties, such as pastoral counseling and performing weddings and funerals at the direction of the Senior Pastor and/or Executive Pastor.
- The Worship and Arts Pastor will be accountable to the Senior Pastor.
- He will be given direct supervision and assistance in ministry development by the Executive Pastor.
- He will be accountable for all of the ministries in his portfolio, and he will serve as the primary equipper for all ministry leaders that he oversees as listed above.
- He will provide the primary pastoral covering and care for all workers in the ministries that he oversees.
- He will work collaboratively with the other associate pastors as part of the pastoral team.
- He will connect regularly with the elder assigned to his portfolio for relationship-building, prayer, and mutual accountability.
The Worship and Arts Pastor is a full-time, salaried position. A commitment of at least two full years is expected.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Worship ArtsCalvary Community Church
- Manteca, California
- October 24
Lighting DirectorParkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- October 24
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Pastor of Worship & Music- Highland ParkChurchology Staffing
- Madison Heights, Michigan
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Smithtown Gospel Tabernacle
We at Smithtown Gospel Tabernacle are committed to Magnify Jesus through worship, Mature and equip believers through the Word, Minister to others through works of service and fellowship, and to fulfill our Mission by obeying the Great Commission to reach the world.More...