Positional Overview and Environment:
First Christian is an actively growing, highly contemporary, non-denominational church seeking an Associate Pastor of Small Groups and Assimilation. The church is located in North West Tennessee about two hours north of Memphis and draws from a surrounding
community of approximately 40,000. First Christian has a dynamic vision for our community and region. Our leadership team and ministry staff believes in “doing whatever it takes” to know and show God’s love. We are experiencing the favor and blessing of
God and believe that incredible things lie before us if we are willing to dream as if anything is possible. Our creative and high energy staff is committed to the kingdom and to one another. We believe that small groups function best not as just another
ministry or “event” but rather part of the DNA and ministry philosophy. Real life change happens more often in a living room than on a Sunday morning. We are committed to taking our small group culture to the next level. As more families continue to pour
in, we are seeking to take our assimilation strategy to the next level as well. This pastor will also serve as a member of the teaching team. Because we value the chemistry and culture of our existing team, the ideal candidate will he highly relational,
extremely positive, have a desperate love for God, be an exceptional communicator, effective visionary and an excellent leader.
Our new Associate Pastor of Small Groups and Assimilation will:
- Further develop and grow our small group culture including 1) continual resource development, 2) small group leadership training, 3) recruit and train new group leaders and facilitators, 4) regularly attend various small groups, 5) create effective systems
for connecting new families to existing small groups, 6) facilitate and develop existing ministries into a small group paradigm and 7) creatively promote and educate the church about the importance and strategy of the FCC small group culture.
- Resource development will vary and sometimes include creating our own FCC material that is “stand alone”, creating FCC material that is tied to the broader teaching series of the Lead Pastor and utilizing small group resources that have already been created.
- Further develop and grow our assimilation culture including 1) provide oversight and direction to “first impression” based ministries, 2) ensure that information obtained on weekend services receives the highest level of follow through and follow up, 3)
create systems to effectively connect new families to ministry and service opportunities, 4) create systems to effectively connect new families to various ministries and small groups, 5) design new system management techniques within our assimilation ministry
and 6) create effective strategies for marketing and “branding” FCC core assimilation statements.
- Work closely with the Lead Pastor and other creative teams to develop weekend programing.
- Serve as part of the pastoral team to provide leadership, counseling, “on-call” ministry and overall ministry development.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and maintain regular office/ministry hours (generally 40-50).
- Develop, submit and maintain a yearly assimilation and small group budget with monthly initiative plans and long range strategic development goals.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in developing comprehensive discipleship methods church wide.
Our new Associate Pastor will meet the following qualifications:
- Meet the Scriptural requirements for church leadership found in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Have a proven track record of successful and dynamic ministry in full time church settings.
- Have a strong work ethic that produces results and exceeds expectation.
- Be a dynamic visionary who can effectively communicate the mission and vision of the church and its Lead Pastor; this role provides complete and total support to the Lead Pastor.
- Be outgoing and highly relational in personality, self-motivated and have a strong work ethic.
- Have a true servant’s heart and lead from extreme humility.
- Be in agreement with our statement of beliefs, mission and values.
- Be highly trained in effective small group strategies including leadership training, resource development and effective methods for connecting new families to existing small groups.
- Have significant experience as a member of a large staff as well as experience in highly contemporary and dynamic service cultures.
- Have experience in proven ministry approaches to facilitate the assimilation of new families into various areas of ministry, small groups and serving opportunities as well as experience in developing effective ways to monitor and evaluate assimilation efforts.
- Experience teaching in large weekend services as well as smaller venues such as leadership training, Bible studies, small groups or outreach events.
- Ideal candidates will have some worship or musical background and or media experience as our Creative Arts ministries are a high value to us.
- Be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position (preferred) or 5 years of experience in another pastoral position.
- Have a bachelor’s degree (preferably within ministry)
Our new Associate Pastor of Small Groups and Assimilation will value:
- Excellence in all things because excellence honors God and inspires people.
- An atmosphere of personal growth and development with a willingness to be stretched, molded and sharpened by other staff members and the Lead Pastor.
- The principles of spiritual authority and submitting one to another.
- A high energy team environment with partners in ministry who desire to live life together and commit to long term ministry with each other.
- An atmosphere that is fun, energetic, relational and values clear and open communication.
- The use of many art forms to express the message of the gospel as our message will never change but our methods must.
- Making disciples of new believers and challenging growing believers to new levels of leadership.
- Personal spiritual growth and ministry development.
- Thinking outside the box and approaching problems and growth challenges with highly creative and unique perspectives.
- Servant leadership and the willingness to do whatever is needed and whatever it takes at whatever the cost.
The following items are required to be considered for this position:
Please send a resume, a one page philosophy of ministry, family picture and preferable a link to a video that provides example of teaching ministry to firstname.lastname@example.org