The Children’s Ministry Pastor is to serve the body of First Redeemer Church by holding the entire church in your heart, while being specifically responsible for the care and oversight of the people and programs geared towards children Birth – 5th
grade. This includes providing effective vision, care, and administration to the departments; managing the ministry’s budget, and designing the core environments of the ministry such as Bible Study, Children’s Worship, Special Events, and Childcare.
- Born again Christian who feels a call by God into ministry
- Educational requirements include a College degree; Seminary training is a plus
- A proven record of accomplishments of leading Children’s ministry
- Love for Children and families
- Strong Organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
- Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth – 5th grade including:
- Bible Study
- Sunday Morning age-graded Bible Fellowship (Sunday School)
- Wednesday AWANA Clubs
- Children’s Worship
- “SproutShout” – Preschool Worship
- “KidworX” – K-3rd grade worship
- “The Garage” – 4th and 5th grade worship
- Special Events
- Vacation Bible School
- Fall Family Fun Festival
- Baby Dedications
- Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and age level.
- Create environments, activities, and programming for each age group that support the purpose and vision of First Redeemer Church and that facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Recruit, train, schedule, and lead teams of volunteers
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Lead the Children’s Ministry into the future.
The Children’s Pastor reports to the Senior Pastor and the Assistant Pastor.
The Director of Preschool Ministry and the Director of Children’s Ministry reports to the Children’s Pastor.