Pastor of Student Ministries
Summary of Ministry:
The primary responsibility of the Pastor of Student Ministries is to lead the middle school and high school ministries and to oversee and develop the college-age ministry. This person should have a heart for gospel-focused, family-based ministry that disciples students toward spiritual maturity. They will work toward a unified focus for Student Ministries in oversight and cooperation with our children’s ministry team to address the spiritual needs of the next generation. The goal of student ministry is to lead young people in becoming fully devoted, lifetime followers of Jesus Christ while coming along side and equipping parents as the primary spiritual leaders of the family.
- The Church Governing Board
- The Senior Pastor
- Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- The Word of God as the only Rule for Faith, Doctrine and Conduct
- The Basic Doctrines of the Faith as Reflected in the Apostles Creed.
- The Church as the Body of Christ
Requisites and Experience:
- Strong dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated through regular prayer, personal Bible study and worship attendance.
- A degree in Biblical Studies and/or Youth Ministry strongly preferred
- Experience on a ministry staff with record of leading student ministries
- Strategic thinker with the ability to manage, mobilize and motivate people
- Strong organizational gifts as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Record of strong commitment to unity and community, who understands Biblical submission to authority and Biblical conflict resolution (Matthew 18)
- Possesses a servant heart and models servant leadership (washing feet)
- A healthy emotional and spiritual life. If married, the spouse must be an enthusiastic supporter of ministry as well as actively involved in the church
- Conviction of the centrality of the family in reaching and discipling youth
- Record of effective leadership in student ministries
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the primary teacher of Biblical truth and spiritual principles to our middle school and high school students, leading in a discipling ministry of both students and adults (volunteers and parents) within the student ministry context.
- Provide overall leadership to student ministry volunteers by enlisting, empowering and equipping them for their specific areas of ministry.
- Implement a strategy for helping students and student volunteers to identify their spiritual giftedness and passion for ministry and develop these through ministry opportunities.
- Give oversight and direction to ensure that student worship is doctrinally sound, God-focused and life-transforming.
- Develop and enhance “community” with a goal of incorporating small group dynamics into the overall scope of student ministries.
- Develop and implement a strategy to ensure that students are effectively reaching out to and impacting their world (locally, nationally and internationally).
- Provide shepherding and counseling to students and families in conjunction with the Senior Pastor, making referral to professional counselors when needed.
- Responsible for oversight of the children’s ministry team to ensure unified curriculum flow and a smooth transition of students from elementary age into middle school ministries.
- Manage and/or provide oversight of administrative needs of student ministries (i.e. scheduling, budget, event coordination, etc.)
- Work with other ministry departments to integrate programming and ministry to ensure a family-focus which incorporates parents into the ministry dynamic.
- Begin to explore and strategize how to minister to college-age and career singles with a view to empowering and enfolding them into the overall life of the church.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents and student ministry volunteers to ensure clear direction and maximum participation.
- Develop and oversee policies and procedures for a “safe” and effective student ministry (will be a member of the Child Safety Committee).
- Meet regularly with Senior Pastor and staff members for prayer, planning and the coordination of church ministries.
- Assist in the regular worship services and provide opportunity for students to minister before the congregation as well (i.e. Fifth Sunday, Hands of Grace)
- Encourage youth involvement in the overall ministry programming of the church (mission experiences, fund raisers, local outreach, VBS, etc.).
Persons Interested in Being Considered for this Position:
- Email resume to email@example.com
- Include in your email a link to an audio/video recording of your speaking/teaching. (On line video can be uploaded to You Tube, Vimeo or other site and email link)
Antioch Christian Church: Who We Are
Antioch Christian Church is a unique blend of both old and new. Our strong heritage of God’s blessing and faithfulness provides a wonderful foundation as we move forward purposefully and intentionally. Located on a 20+ acre campus just south of Watkinsville, GA (near UGA), we are experiencing new life, new people and a vision for engendering connection to God and to one another. Relationships are at the heart of our strategy. Our goal is a vibrant ministry to children, youth and adults focused on equipping and empowering all to integrate faith into everyday life and reflect Christ to others.
Ideal Student Minister Candidate
The ideal candidate for the position of Student Minister will have a proven track record of instilling vision and working with both youth and adult leaders. The ability to teach and model Biblical truth as well as servant leadership skills is essential. The successful Student Minster will be one who reflects Christ in their personal life and is able to engender a passion in others to do the same. An undergraduate degree in Youth Ministries and or Biblical Studies is preferred but proven experience is also important.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student Pastor (Austin TX Area)Manchaca Baptist Church
- Manchaca, Texas
- January 24
Director of Student MinistriesPrivate Profile
- Ada, Oklahoma
- January 24
Associate Student PastorFBC Midlothian
- Midlothian, Texas
- January 24
Director of Children and Youth MinistriesBeloit First Christian Church
- Beloit, Kansas
- January 23
Associate Pastor of Children and Youth MinistriesBeloit First Christian Church
- Beloit, Kansas
- January 23
Antioch Christian Church
Mission: The purpose of this Church shall be as revealed in the New Testament, to win people to faith in Jesus Christ and commit them actively to the Church, to help them to grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ that increasingly they may know and do His will, and to work for the unity of all Christians and with them engage in the common task of building the Kingdom of God. More...