The Vail Church (TVC) is a non-denominational, Christ centered church located in the world renowned Vail Valley. This mountain community is a destination for outdoor enthusiasts from all over the world to enjoy a wide variety of activities - fishing, hiking, biking, skiing, camping, etc. TVC has the privilege of serving and equipping this diverse community of locals and visitors to be a light for Christ in the Valley and beyond. Learn more about TVC at – www.thevailchurch.com/about.
The Worship Pastor will partner with the pastoral team to create an environment of worship, (in its many forms - video, graphics, music, prayer, etc.), that leads the congregation to know and experience God in a meaningful way. This is accomplished by leading the church in worship, music and prayer; by training and shepherding of worship teams; and by providing oversight to all worship experiences. This is a pastoral position that ministers to the body at large and helps carry out the ministry of the gospel through TVC. This is a full time, salaried position and reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Champion and execute TVC’s vision for the worship ministry
- Facilitate worship at all weekend services as well as other worship experiences
- Lead worship in an engaging way.
- Identify and recruit musicians, vocalists, technicians, and other volunteers
- Develop and shepherd worship team artistically and spiritually.
- Oversee all areas of production (audio, video, lighting, staging, etc.).
- Develop and oversee the worship ministry budget
- Oversee weekly worship planning process
- Lead and give oversight to other ministry areas at the Vail Church, to be determined based on worship pastor’s gifts and passions (i.e. small groups, local outreach, men’s ministry, etc.)
- Participate in pastoral care activities as needed
- Collaborate with other staff ministry leaders to carry out the vision of the Vail Church
- Serve as a worship resource and support for other ministry areas as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Personal, growing relationship with Christ
- A strong commitment to personal and family health and growth (physical, spiritual, emotional, and relational)
- Fulfill the character qualifications of a pastor as taught in the Scriptures.
- Philosophical alignment with church vision and leadership
- Extensive music ability and knowledge:
- Vocal and instrumental expertise.
- Musical knowledge and vocabulary with the ability to read music, create charts, etc.
- Ability to communicate musically with a wide range of talent from amateurs to professionals.
- Understanding of technology related to music and production, (i.e. sound board, computers, presentation software, etc.).
- Experience in ministry and biblical discipleship
- Excited to embrace a mountain resort community that focuses on outdoor life and play
- A teachable, humble spirit
- Values and works well within a collaborative organization and process
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship Pastor (Campus Ministry) - Part TimeJourney Church
- Denver, North Carolina
- December 9
PastorOne God Ministry
- Fairfax, Virginia
- December 8
Worship Arts DirectorArmitage Baptist Church
- Chicago, Illinois
- December 8
Worship PastorFellowship Bible Church
- Batesville, Arkansas
- December 8
Director of Contemporary Worship and Media TechnologiesCedar Crest Bible Fellowship Church
- Allentown, Pennsylvania
- December 8
The Vail Church
The Vail Church (TVC) is a non-denominational, Christ centered church located in the world renowned Vail Valley. This mountain community is a destination for outdoor enthusiasts from all over the world to enjoy a wide variety of activities - fishing, hiking, biking, skiing, camping, etc. TVC has the privilege of serving and equipping this diverse community of locals and visitors to be a light for Christ in the Valley and beyond. Learn more about TVC at – www.thevailchurch.com/about. More...