This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Northwoods Community Church
Peoria, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 02/04/2009
Categories: Other Pastor
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Description: The Establish Pastor exists to provide strategic leadership to the formation development of moving people to become more like Jesus. This person will be the point director of the Establish Arena of the E4 zone.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Church Wide Formation Strategy
A. Strategic planning in the Establish Box: Develop a cohesive formation plan that aligns with our E4 life transformation process that includes small groups, classes, new believer follow up, and other formational environments as needed.
B. E4U Classes (Adult interactive experiences)
1) Oversight: Oversee the process and production of E4U (our interactive learning environment).
2) Volunteers: Develop and train teams to facilitate classes.
3) Teaching: Teach regularly in some of these classes.
4) Training: Identify new teachers and be able to train them to teach effectively.
C. Small Groups
1) Assimilation: Monitor the assimilation of potential participants into small groups through avenues like GroupLink.
2) Training/Equip: Equip leaders to help small group participants develop as disciples around the E4 strategy.
3) Recruit: Identify and develop leaders for small groups.
4) Integration: Integrate a discipling model of small group ministry for our attendees.
5) Systems and processes: develop systems of follow up, care, and measurement of discipling for small groups.
6) Personal discipleship: Disciple 3-4 people each year with purpose of multiplying core foundations in their life.
2. E4 Team
A. Participation: Participate and collaborate in the E4 team meetings and initiatives.
B. Departmental Meetings: Attend bi-monthly Care Department meetings.
C. Supervision Meetings: Monthly meeting with E Zone Executive.
D. Staff Meetings: Attend monthly staff meetings for global, visionary, and organizational matters.
E. Directors Meetings: Attend meetings and contribute quarterly report.
F. Budget: Propose and manage an approved budget for your area of ministry throughout the year.
G. Website: Update E4 communications on the website for the “Established” arena.
A. Pastoral Staff Rotation: Serve as Pastor-On-Call through regular rotation of hospital visitations and communion service.
B. Pastoral Care: Perform pastoral counseling; officiate funerals, and weddings as requested.
C. Other: Various other duties as requested.
Interaction with Others
This person will work closely with the E Zone Executive and E Zone Team.
Desired Skills and Abilities
Innovative ministry designer/developer/producer. Enjoys evaluating ministry needs. Strategic thinker and implementer. Discipler.
Beneficial Spiritual Gifts
Organization, Leadership, and Teaching
Educational and Experience Required
A bible college education is preferred and experience in building teams and systems is important.