Job Title: Director of Student Ministries
Reports To: Executive Pastor & Family Pastor
Prepared Date: August 2013
Start Date: ASAP
The Director of Student Ministries will work with the overall family ministry team as a part of the team, for the execution of the vision, directives and spiritual goals of Grace Community Church to assure a seamless pipeline of discipleship and leadership
from nursery through adult. The Director of Student Ministries will be directly responsible for 5-12th grade ministries. Their primary role will be to equip and train parents and adult leaders to do student ministries. They are to recruit, train,
and develop servant leaders, both adults and students, who will intentionally develop disciple-making students.
- The Director of Student Ministries will provide a balanced program of evangelism and discipleship including: Systematic Bible instruction, relevant worship, small groups and accountability, lifestyle evangelism, and personal discipleship.
- The Director of Student Ministries will maintain good communication with parents, through regular meetings and mailings, ?keeping them informed and up-to-date on the progress and plans of the youth ministry.
1. Oversight and direction of Grace Community Church Youth Ministries:
5th – 6th Grade:
- Develop a systematic program of discipleship for this age group.
- Equip long term leaders to execute the program of discipleship.
- Equip parents with biblical training to help them walk through this transitional period with their student.
- Clear, consistent communication of ministry initiatives, vision and goals with parents and the church.
7th - 12th Grade:
- Equip and train leaders and parents to execute vision for middle school ministries.
- Develop a comprehensive plan (scope and sequence) for the teaching of systematic theology and Christian living for middle-school aged youth.
- Ensure that small groups, accountability, service project and outreach opportunities are executed as part of the overall structure of middle school ministries.
- Equip the students to be actively serving in the body of Christ and the community.
- Communicate with and equip the parents in all aspects of middle-school and high school ministries.
- Equip the parents to be the main disciple makers of their students.
- Must be of strong biblical character and demonstrates the characteristics of an Elder as found in 1st Tim.
- 5+ years of experience successfully leading a student ministry that is intergenerational, family focused, and servant leadership based.
- Proven ability to lead and shepherd a youth ministry team, parents and students.
- Self – Starter, compassionate, community-focused, pastoral heart, organized and a strong ability to communicate well.
- Compatible with and able to articulate Grace Community’s vision, theology, structure and ?roles
- Agree and abide by Grace Community Church doctrinal statement
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exhibits a passion for God and a Christ-like spirit as evidenced in personal life, family relationships, and ministry. Nurtures inner self through a disciplined life of daily fellowship with God in prayer and Bible study.
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively in team situations is critical, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Must possess solid time management skills and organizational abilities. The ability to coordinate several activities at once and to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems are important. Regular office hours are expected and should be approved with
the vocational elder team. Work hours will average 40-50 hours per week including time spent at the worship service.
- The ideal candidate should be creative, detail oriented, flexible, and decisive with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, and motivate others.
Overall this position is expected to be an effective model in leading, loving and mobilizing from their home. I Tim 3 and Titus 1