Youth Director Internship
The Youth Director Internship is offered annually to a student training in the area of Christian Ministry, Youth Ministry, or Ordained Ministry track. It is anticipated that it will offer a platform for field testing and contextualization of coursework,
and benefit from active mentoring provided by Venture Church staff members. The Youth Director shall be unashamedly pursuing a passionate relationship with Jesus Christ, demonstrate a zeal for advancing the Kingdom of God. In addition, the Youth Director
shall possess the administrative skills, and the interpersonal and relational skills needed to work with youth and their families.
(Note: non-student candidates who can demoinstrate job qualifications will be considered.)
The Youth Director position is generally responsible for Venture Church activities involving 7th through 12th grade members, their friends, and other youth that may be reached for Christ through this program. It is a part-time, stipend staff position reporting
to the lead pastor, and also taking some direction from the Ministries Director. It is anticipated that the position will benefit from mentoring from both persons.
As a minimum, the Youth Director needs to demonstrate the following:
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord as well as a strong desire to serve within the church.
- A sense of calling to ministry.
- Ability to work with youth and young adults.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, lead, and guide complex projects and spontaneous activities related to youth ministries.
- Competence in basic lay counseling and listening skills appropriate for youth ministry.
- Willingness to work cooperatively with others, to maintain a positive outlook and disposition, and to be flexible in solving problems.
- The ability to protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality. Refraining from indiscriminately sharing personal information is critical. Discretion must be exercised when dealing with the public, youth and their parents,
and the church’s leaders and members.
- Current and continued enrollment in college-level course work in Christian Education and/or Youth Ministry.
Candidates should note that any job offer is contingent upon satisfactory completion of drug and background testing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
It is expected that the Youth Director will devote an average of 15 hours per week (60 hours per month) in preparing and executing youth group meetings, visits, and special events, to include:
- Wednesday night youth group meeting and Sunday morning Christina Education meetings.
- At least one monthly "fun" event.
- One annual mission trip. Depending on the length and complexity of the trip, and addition stipend may be negotiated.
- Regular contact with and involvement in the life of youth members, leading to discipleship opportunities.
- Enlisting the aid of and monitoring Venture Church volunteers.
- Creating and leading outreach opportunities with Cactus High School.
The Youth Director will also meet at least monthly with the Lead Pastor and/or Ministries Director to outline plans for upcoming activities.
The Youth Director is a stipend position, offering a per-hour compensation amount without the expectation of healthcare or other benefits. The stipend for a normal month shall be $_____________ per month as negotiated at hiring. It is expected that expenses
will be pre-approved by the Lead Pastor or Ministries Director, and will be 100% reimbursed.