Staff Position: Awakening Venue Leader
• Creative worship team and Senior Pastor.
• Faith: Must have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, strengthened through scripture, prayer, and community.
• Life: Must be in good standing within current church community.
• Experience: Must have successfully served as an artist/ musician, and/or technician for a church or para-church organization.
• Education: It is desirable if the candidate has completed, or is working toward the completion of, a four-year degree at an accredited college or university, or possesses the equivalent experience in worship leadership.
• Commitment to the mission, vision, and purpose of First United Methodist Church.
• This position will be a full-time position at 40 hours per week.
Salary Based upon Experience
The Awakening Venue Leader is the lead artist and musician. As lead artist, this person will not only grow in and use his own artistic abilities to lead the artistic worship life of the Awakening worship experience, but will also recruit and reproduce more and better artists to do likewise. As lead musician, this person will recruit, train, coordinate, and lead musicians to direct corporate musical worship. As the Awakening Venue Leader, this person will also serve as the team leader of the venue team. The Awakening Venue Leader will be expected to have a strong presence at Mead's Corner Coffee House (owned and operated by First United Methodist Church). Above all of these roles, this person should demonstrate a deep love for Jesus Christ and live in a lifestyle that reflects that.
• To lead musical worship through song with a passion for and experience with the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
• To arrange songs and musical sets that flow with and connect to other elements of the worship experience.
• To conduct musical worship in a manner that invites full participation from the congregation.
• To envision and seek life transformation in the worshipping congregation.
• To demonstrate strong vocal and instrumental skills and the ability to train and encourage others in these skills.
• To develop relationships with musicians and technicians and form teams thereof in order to produce excellent worship experiences.
• To communicate with musical and technical teams regarding song and musical set arrangements, relevant practices or meetings, and worship service assignments and expectations.
• To reproduce, or oversee the reproduction of: artists, musicians, and technicians of various types for the future expansion of the church.
• To exhibit strong knowledge of sound, video, and projection technology.
• To individually pray and practice for rehearsals and worship services.
• To plan musical worship sets.
• To lead mid-week rehearsals.
• To schedule teams for worship service production, including setup/breakdown, sound, lighting, and musical worship.
• To oversee Sunday worship service production for the Awakening service, including managing setup/breakdown, sound, and lighting, and leading musical worship.
• Collaborate with all other venue leaders and pastors on the creative worship planning team
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship and Creative Arts PastorFusion Bible Church
- Durant, Oklahoma
- December 10
Worship LeaderSt. Paul M.B. Church
- Olive Branch, Mississippi
- December 9
Director of Worship Music ArtsIrvington Presbyterian Church
- Fremont, California
- December 9
Music DirectorRural Shade Baptist Church
- Cleveland, Texas
- December 8
Worship/Young AdultGod's Family Church
- Fresno, California
- December 7
First United Methodist Church
Mission: Making Disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. Purpose: To create a Christian community where anyone can become a completely committed follower of Jesus Christ. Vision: Changing lives–transforming communities More...