Children's Ministry Director
Salary: 35-40k / annually
Supervisor: Youth Pastor
The Children’s Ministry Director will shepherd children and their families through Christ-centered living, while developing and implementing vision and strategy for equipping ministry volunteers and all programs, including a comprehensive Bible-based curriculum
and special events.
Expectations & Competencies:
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children grow in their faith.
- Reliable, trustworthy, a self-starter, and excellent at following through on details.
- Ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationships with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- An active member of Eastmont Church, able to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops and implements the vision for Children’s Ministries in collaboration with the Youth Pastor.
- Develops Children’s Programming for Nursery-5th Grade for two Sunday morning services, including implementing Christ-centered, Bible based curriculum for Pre-School to 5th Grade.
- Develops processes necessary for effective and safe Children’s Ministry operations (e.g. secure child check-in, background checks for volunteers, etc.)
- Responsible for Children’s Ministry budget and financial oversight.
- Recruits and trains Children’s Ministry volunteers and offers pastoral care and encouragement.
- Develops a communication plan to keep Eastmont Church staff, volunteers, and parents informed.
- Partners with Eastmont Community School staff and families.
- Coordinates family events and VBS for Children’s Ministry and families.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies preferred.
- Preferred minimum of three (3) years experience coordinating Children’s Ministry.
- Reports to Youth Pastor
- Supervises and directs Children’s Ministry Volunteers
- Works closely with all areas of ministries within Eastmont Church, including Eastmont Community School
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, and three (3) personal references to email@example.com. Thank you!