We at Jerusalem Church love the children, youth and college students whom Jesus has entrusted in our care. We are serious about growing them up to live the Word of God within the world we know today, develop a deep abiding relationship with Jesus Christ
and teaching them to share the great news of Jesus Christ to all who are able to listen.
We are looking for an individual who shares this passion of leading our families to
“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19-20
The Purpose of this full-time position is to oversee specific ministries, and Christian Education activities, of Jerusalem Church and to ensure that the needs of the congregation are met specifically in the areas of Christian Education, Children’s Ministries,
Youth Ministries and College and Career. The Pastor’s specific tasks will be to give structure to developing the faith of those who have already made a commitment for Christ, share the gospel with those who haven’t and to facilitate fellowship in the body
The ideal candidate needs to:
- Be active in bringing individuals into full fellowship and life of Jerusalem Church, where they can express their faith and use their gifts within the Body of Christ with growing maturity.
- Get to know and befriend all of the Church family with particular care to all of the children and young people.
- Creatively seek opportunities for young people, in a variety of circumstances, to be introduced to Jesus Christ, be comfortable in calling them to a commitment to Jesus Christ and become active-members of Jerusalem Church.
- Will ideally have at least a Bachelor’s Degree (preferably ministry-oriented) and some ministry experience is preferred.
- Have a strong background in the Church, a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a commitment to God’s Word, worship, prayer, devotion and servant hood.
- Be committed, supportive and exclusively active in the life and ministry of Jerusalem Church and encourage others to do likewise.
- Be extremely well-organized, timely, and communicate effectively with the Senior Pastor, Staff and all other members of the Jerusalem Church Congregation.
- Be a dynamic teacher.
Candidates are encouraged to send ministry portfolio, including a resume, to email@example.com, Attention Todd MacMath, Search Committee Chairperson.
Please do not call the Church directly. Thanks!