Lake Morena Community Church is located in Campo, Ca. Campo is a rural town located 60 miles east of San Diego. We’re a non-denominational, evangelical, Bible believing church. LMCC has been serving the Campo area for more than 70 years. We are looking
for someone fluent in English and preferably bilingual (Spanish), but not a must. Must be culturally sensitive, adaptable, and able to embrace and celebrate culture in the community. A broad understanding of culture nuances and their importance to communication
of spiritual truths is necessary.
Job Description: PASTOR QUALIFICATIONS
The Pastor shall be a man of God, and well qualified to lead the church. He shall preach the Scriptures, teach and ensure sound doctrine, call on those in spiritual need and lead the membership to grow in faith and knowledge of Christ. The pastor must demonstrate
a proven history of integrity and leadership. He must have a heart for ministry in a rural and diverse community. He must have a desire to develop cross cultural ministries and an outreach into the community beyond the Church. The Pastor must be able to
embrace LMCC’s commitment to be a church and not just a place to go to church.
Desired Qualities and Competencies
- Must be in agreement with LMCC’s Statement of Faith. (View website for complete Statement of Faith)
- Must meet the qualifications of I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1.
- Must be an excellent communicator, skilled at opening and teaching God’s Word, believe in and be guided by the Holy Spirit. 2 Timothy 4:1-8
- Must possess strong leadership skills with the ability and desire to build leaders.
- Must be able to build relationships and have the ability to help establish and cast a vision and mission for the church.
- Must understand the value of prayer, personally as well as in the ministry of the church.
- Must have 4 years ministry experience and/or college and seminary degree preferred.
Submit Resumes, which should include answers but not limited to the following four questions, and audio or videodisks of you preaching or teaching a message.
(1) Why are you interested in this position?
(2) How would you and your family feel about moving to the Campo area?
(3) Tell us about your call to ministry.
(4) What are two or three unique characteristics that qualify you for this position?
Submit to: Lake Morena Community Church
P.O. Box 346
Campo, CA 91906
Or email: email@example.com