Rolling Hills Church passionately reaches out to people who are far from God. Rather than run from culture, we have chosen to harness it to connect with people and show them God's timeless truths. Although our approach is anything but traditional, we believe
in and maintain a conservative theological position.
Our purpose is to be an instrument of light and love in our community and beyond. We believe you’ll experience an atmosphere of acceptance from those you encounter. Each Sunday we gather as a church to connect with one another and to learn about the life
of following Jesus. It’s our goal to see everyone connecting in a community, changing to become more like Christ, and cultivating hearts for other people.
Rolling Hills Christian Church is approximately 2,500 and is in a season of steady growth under the leadership of Senior Pastor Bill Search and is seeking a new Youth Ministry Pastor. We prioritize reaching and growing the next generation at Roll Hill and
this position is critical to that goal. We are looking for a strong, visionary & stable leadership add to the Roll Hill leadership team to make a difference by making an impact on the lives of families.
This position will lead the high school ministry, growing them in relationships with each other and with Christ and direct a comprehensive high school ministry for students 9th grade and older. The church places a high emphasis on relationships, leadership
development, serving others in need and seeking opportunities to build bridges with seeking hearts. The High School Pastor provides leadership, training, support and oversight to HS staff. The role is responsible for HS Vision and defining and implementing
strategies to meet that vision. Additionally, responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation for High School student and equipping parents to fulfill their responsibility as the primary spiritual leader of their
High School student.
While all ministries at Rolling Hills Christian Church will function within the framework of the larger church vision, the High School Ministry Pastor will seek to creatively implement that vision in a relevant and effective manner within the Youth Ministry.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working in a setting committed to reaching both the unchurched and nominally churched students with a high degree of innovation. El Dorado Hills is a highly educated community. The successful candidate
will be articulate and able to relate to parents and also be relevant to students that although highly motived with high standards for college education and career goals, are also at an early stage of maturity in life.
- Three-five years experience in directing a larger size Youth Ministry, including leading with vision and implementing of strategies. Also, management of paid ministry staff and of a large volunteer team.
- Active and growing relationship with Jesus Christ; evidenced by action, attitude, speech & behavior
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to High School & families
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal & interpersonal)
- Demonstrated ability to understand and relate, build deep relationships with youth and their families.
- Ability to reach out and connect with youth in the church
- Preferable experience with the ‘What is Orange’ Youth program.